Thread: using covers

Default using covers

do you use pilchers only once before washing them??

Hi Candice,

I think it depends on what sort of cover you're using. I use my PUL covers for a whole day before washing them unless they've got poo on them, are smelly, or the nappy was extremely wet. Wool covers can go for much longer (weeks I think) with airing in between as the lanolin in them breaks down urine.

HTH!

Hi,

I mainly use PUL covers, and I find that they go about 3-4 nappies (wet) before washing. Sometimes I have 2 on the go, and sort of air them between uses. Basically I wash 2 out of 3 every 2 days. If that makes sense.
    I used to have to wash them every time they got breastfeed poo on them, what a mess!

Fi

cool, I have been washing them every use. I am using PUL ones, as here in town there is only target that sell them and they only sell the pul ones no fluffies, that shows how sad things are with people using disposable, the shops are not stocking cloth stuff anymore

AmyBaby Guest

I use Baby BeeHinds PUL wraps/covers, to go with their nappies.

Am using 5 atm, but have three in rotation at any one time. It is recommended that you air between use.
    I only wash nappy stuff every second day, so I will wash 2 covers with each wash and then start using the other 3 until the next washing day IYKWIM

There is also no need to wash them straight away if you have had a really wet nappy and the cover has ended up with a huge wet patch, because this is what they are designed for.