Thread: Natropaths for weight loss?

Default Natropaths for weight loss?

Has anyone used a natropath for weight loss, and had any luck ? There was a lady on the ABC yesterday talking about how she had had trouble losing weight until see saw a natropath . They talked about mineral deficiencies and supplements.

FluffyLaRue Guest

I haven't used a naturopath for weight loss however I did complete part of a naturopathy degree before my 4th bub arrived. Nutrition and food as medicine features heavily in the course structure, and all with underpining units of chemistry and biology, and physiology. So I wouldn't hesitate to see one If I were you I would call around local naturopaths and find one with a special interest in weight management

Let us know how you go!

Thanks FluffyLaRue, I looked in the yellow pages and there a couple in my town none of them specifically mentioned weight loss though. I was interested in the show as the lady said that she had been trying to lose weight and had tried different methods with only a little weight lose for her efforts. I feel like this. I struggle with cravings and I feel like I don't get the most out of vitamins and I feel quit sluggish, so I thought maybe a nathropath could help.

There is a naturopath at a chemist that I visited the other day, we talked for a while and she said that she could run some test for me. I explained to her that I was still breastfeeding and she said that I could start on some kelp tablets for now, to boost my thyroid function which can aid my metabolism, and that when I finished BF that I could try some other things. I'm looking forward to having a proper consultation with her to see what she thinks is going on with my body.

FluffyLaRue Guest

mmm i might go some kelp too- I've been breastfeeding for all eternity it seems! My metabolism could do with boosting!

I was just going to suggest you try some metabolism stimulating products. Since having my thyroid problem I have seen quite a few natural remedy products out there. As you know my problem is the opposite to yours but it's all to do with your thyroid when you have metabolism issues. I have to avoid kelp and iodine so that would make sense that you would benefit from them. I also need to try lemon balm to slow mine down so avoid that!
    Let us know how you get on with your natropath... and thanks for all the support with my issue... as usual, we are chalk and cheese!