Thread: NATURAL stress relief medicine??

Default NATURAL stress relief medicine??

Ok , so there is 19 days to go until we go ( for those who dont know , we are going back to Poland for a year )

I am getting extremely stressed about the flight. So many things are causing me anxiety... but mostly thoughts about how Aneta will handle the flight.

Ive told myself - If she cries , she cries. If she sleeps she sleeps. I am not concerned about other passengers because we have to make this trip - im just so worried about my baby...all the pressure changes , and all those hours in one place - transit times in foreign countries.... so on so on.

Anyways , its becoming clear i need something to calm me down , because if im like this now i cant think what i will be like on the day, im losing sleep over it - does anyone know of any natural medicine for stress relief??
    Preferably something that doesnt cause drowsiness - i need to be alert at all times!

Im sorry i dont know of anything...but i just wanted to say all the best for your flight and Poland.....

Are you BF, Enigma?

Natalie - nope , formula feeding and on 3 solid feeds a day

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kava (aka kava kava) is also one of the most strong, naturally found relaxants/de-stress herbs, pharmacies stock it. There is also rescue remedy of course.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Thanks for the advice , i will ask about the 5htp & kava next time im out shopping

ETA - Tanya when i was 20yrs old i tried Valerian1000 ( anxiety has always been with me ) it would completely knock me out! I only tried it twice and decided against it because i didnt like being so out of control.
    If i took it for the flight poor DH would have to look after me and Aneta hehe
    Last edited by enigma; January 9th, 2007 at 11:17 PM.

I would suggest Rescue Remedy and also Tissue Salts, they are available at the Chemist and there are heaps of different sorts, the one you are after is Nerve Tonic. They are little tablets that dissolve when they hit the tongue. GL

I am SO glad I saw this thread!! I'm in a very similar situation, flying with my DS who is 10 weeks old but my flight is only to Adelaide thank god! I hate flying though!

I've got the liquid Rescue Remedy and I also went to the chemist yesterday and got the pastilles - they are lollies that you suck on.