Thread: Vitamins B12, B6

Default Vitamins B12, B6

Hi girls

as you have probably read I am on high levels of vitamin b12 and b6. OB told me to take the blackmores B Complex formula and I have to take 2 a day instead of just the standard that it says on the bottle.

Anyways i am finding when I am taking the one in the morning it is beginning to give me heartburn. I have it with food too like you are supposed to. Apart from taking Rennies or whatever an hour or so later to combat the heartburn is there anything else I could try to maybe prevent the heartburn from happening to begin with.

TIA

Love :smt049

Hi Kathryn,

I don't know how accurate this is, but... we were discussing heartburn/indigestion remedies with our neighbour just the other day, and he reckons that drinking some fresh lemon juice mixed with a glass of water every morning helps. Apparently some acids are able to turn into alkalines when you drink them... or something. LOL I don't know. I can't remember how he explained it, but it made sense at the time LOL.

Melinda Guest

Hmmm that's an interesting one Kathryn! I'm not sure I can come up with any solutions though unfortunately. Just out of curiosity, do you eat much for breakfast? Perhaps the problem lies with not having enough to eat at breakfast (i.e. not enough in your tummy?). It'd explain why it's not a problem later in the day?? I know that my Dad used to have yoghurt every morning together with his usual breakfast as it used to fill him up more (he used to take a lot of medication). Anyway, that's probably a bit of useless information, but maybe something worth a try as well! LOL

Hope you find some relief soon!

Thanks girls.

Maybe I am not having enough at breakfast time. I have half a bowl of cornflakes which i thought was pretty good considering I can't usually stomach breakfast lmao. So maybe if I have some toast after it that may help out. If it doesn't work then I will try the lemon drink thing

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Kathryn

Sorry for the late reply - but you are right - you probably dont have enough food in your belly.

The lemon juice in water is a common aid for people with digestion problems. As soon as you wake up have a cup of warm/hot water with the juice of half a lemon. Then wait at least half an hour (especially if brekkie is cereal!)

You didnt say if you were taking the two tablets together which may be a little much for your tummy to handle (especially if you are taking P&B formula at the same time) . Try taking one in the morning and one at night. I need to take a few vitamins and often get an irritated stomache or heart burn so I take half after breakfast and half at dinner and have had no problems since.

I also used to have a banana followed by a piece of dry toast before I took my vitamins as it filled me up and settled my stomache.

One other solution I can think of is taking the Bs after lunch if you dont feel like you can eat any more for breakfast.

Hope all this rambling is of some help

Love Jen

Hi Jen

Hasnt' been to bad since I have been eating a bit more in the mornings, ie having a full bowl of cereal instead of half.

I am also only taking one tablet of a morning and one of a night. Not taking the P&B formula as my GP advise to stop that while I was on the others.

B Complex for Breakfast
    Folate for Lunch
    B Complex for Tea
    Calcium for supper

LMAO

I did ask mum if I could borrow her pill box

Jen Schuster Guest

LOL - I think if we shake you Kathryn you will rattle ;-)

Love Jen