Thread: Vitamins when breastfeeding

Default Vitamins when breastfeeding

I was wondering which vitamins people are taking when breastfeeding.

I am currently taking iron supplements as my haemaglobin dropped in my third trimester. The ones I take a Fefol, which also contain folate. My problem is all the breastfeeding vitamins also contain folate, so a can't take them with my iron supplements or I'll go over the recommended intake of folate.

I don't want to change the iron supplements I'm taking as, apparently, iron commonly causes digestive problems and I haven't had any with this brand.

Does anyone know of breastfeeding vitamins that don't contain folate? I asked twice at the pharmacy and both times the ones they recommended DID comtain high levels of folate.

I wanted to take vitamin supplements as my skins become really dry since breatfeeding and I though I might be lacking something (maybe it's just sleep!).

Any help appreciated - thanks.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

In-Liven You just have to read the In-Liven thread to see how everyone is getting great results from it and it's not like artificial vitamins which are of really high dose because not all of it will be absorbed being artificial. You'll get a great boost and feel great - you'll notice the difference very quickly.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Kelly.I'll do a search for it.

I am a huge advocate of In-Liven (so I would go for that option myself!) but I also wanted to let you know that as far as I am aware, you can't "overdose" on folate.....it is a water soluable nutrient, so if you intake more than your body actaully needs, it will expel it easily through normal means (ie urine), without any adverse affects.........

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

My signature has the link, plus we have a discussion thread about it in here
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Lucy - Thanks for the extra info.
    Kelly - Thank you, I noticed the link in your signature after I posted, I'll be getting some for sure.

I received mine yesterday and took it today with a Nudie juice. I hope to be bouncing out of bed tomorrow

LOVE it with Nudie Juice......hope it kicks in for you really quickly!!