Thread: 35 weeker??

Default 35 weeker??

I went to the hospital yesterday, and one plan is to have the baby at 35 weeks (a week Friday by c-section). I wonder how likely it is that the baby will have to go to special care again? Has anyone had a 35 weeker?

Lots of love x

I would have to say yes that he/she will need special care again. But they shouldn't be in there that long.
    Kimberley was born 35wks 4 days and she was only in for a week and she was only in the warm part of special care for a few days and then she was allowed in to a normal crib. Alex was born at 36wks 6 days and he needed 100% oxygen treatment for a couple of days but he was only in special care for 4 days.

GL with everything.

ETA: are they getting you to have the baby early again due to PE ?
    I thought they liked to try and keep the baby in as long as possible.

My dd was born at 34 weeks, weighing 2170kgs - 4 pound 12. She stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks as she was still a bit too small/weak to feed all the time without a tube. Otherwise she was great...didn't need a lot of assistance with breathing - just a few days on CPAP - but the circumstances of her birth were quite traumatic and very unexpected so that may have affected her also. Now Ella is 12 months and is just like any other bub her age. They are tough little things!

I wish you the absolute best of luck with the upcoming arrival of your precious bub...and ultimately, as long as they come into this world safely and healthy, that's all that matters I'm sure the best decision will be made for you and your baby!

Thanks for the replies!

I've got early PE again- massive amounts of swelling, and high bp (currently controlled) so it's just a waiting game I suppose.

Hi Gwen,

I have been wondering how you are doing! What a bummer that you have PE again. I hope you are feeling ok despite it all.

I don't have any further advice I'm sorry, but I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and your bub. You've done so well to get as far as you have! Make sure you let us know all the details after the bub is born.

How is Seren going?

Hi Bec! Seren is doing OK. She's 16 months now, and just about reaching 17lb. She's had a cold this week, and I feel so worried over her (as you do).

How are you??

My PE isn't as bad this time around. My feet and legs are so swollen though, it's painful to walk. At least last time I was on bed rest, but no such luck this time!!! lol.

tiggy Guest

Hey Welshgirl,
    My first set of twinnies were 35 weekers and they were in SCU for a couple of weeks but it was nothing like the NICU experience. It was basically growing up and learning to feed.
    Congratulations for making this far!!! How are you feeling?
    Have been thinking of you, wondering how you were going.

HI Gwen,

We're all pleased to see you've made it to 35 weeks, although we'd happily see you go further. I guess the PE has other ideas.

Well I just wanted to wish you all the best. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you that your PE stays us under control as it possibly can and that #2 keeps cooking for a little bit longer.

All the best honey.
    xx

Thanks girls. It's lovely to see how you're all doing. I can't believe how big Ivy and Noah have got!!!

DH is being a pain in the backside, that aside, all is going OK.

My best friend had her son at 35 weeks and he was in SCU for two weeks until he could feed properly but all in all he was fine.
    All the best I hope everything goes well.

Hi again Gwen,

It's good to hear that Seren is doing ok. I hope she is over her cold soon.

I sympathise with you regarding the swollen legs and feet. Mine were the same with my PG's. It certainly limits your choice in footwear, doesn't it? I had to buy a bigger pair of shoes to wear to work! Seriously though, I hope things continue to stay stable for you and I hope your baby grows lots in the time s/he has left inside!

I'm doing well thanks. I just recently got a BFP, so I'll be doing it all again too! I hope to get as far as you have! Joshua is doing well too, he has just turned 1.

Well, take care & rest up as much as you can with a 16 month old!

Alex was 34+6, so almost the same as your one will be. He was in SCN for 10 days, born at 1.9 kilos, home at 2.02 kilos! Never any oxygen (apart from on the plane) and fully breastfed from 8 days. So pretty much best case scenario.

Best wishes.

Wow Bec! Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

Divvy it's reassuring to hear how well Alex did in SCN.

I'm meeting the anaethatist and obstaetrician this afternoon to finalise dates and a birth plan. Fingers crossed.

xx

The anaethatist just rang and they plan to deliver tomorrow. I can't believe it. It's exactly the same gestation as Seren was born! She will definately be in SCBU now I guess.

I'll let you all know how things go.

x

Gwen, I've just replied to your post in the Premmie Mums thread but again, all the very best to you for tomorrow!

I've just noticed in your sig that your bub is a girl! How lovely! As I said, I hope she is born strong and healthy and I hope she doesn't need to spend too long in special care.

I'll be looking out for your news!

BTW, thanks for your congrats!