Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling absolutly awful for my friends...(Could be upsetting to some)

Default Feeling absolutly awful for my friends...(Could be upsetting to some)

Hi guys,
    I've been feeling a bit emotional tonight.
    A friend of ours just gave birth at 30weeks to a little boy. She had spotting a few days ago and back pain. She went into hospital last night and was given pain killers for the back pain and her Dh was sent home at about midnight. He received a call at 3am advising she was in labour.
    Apparently the doctor had started to do an internal when her membranes ruptured and the umbilical cord started to come out. They had to push it back in and hold it there. They put her under general and somehow did a ceasar with her propped up on all fours with someone holding in the cord.
    The worst part is that when they did the ceasarian incision they cut the baby across the tummy. The baby has been sent to the childrens via NETS to have it stitched up.

I feel absolutly terrible for our friends and so upset for them. I think because I know all the stress and emotions that they will go through it makes it worse. I so hope that their baby will be ok. It really brings all the emotions back that we experienced with Kyla. I even (for some strange reason) had that "NICU" smell come back to me today.

The baby weighed 1.3kg, but I don't know anything else. I just can't stop thinking about the poor baby being cut and how much this would have hurt him. I know how it feels looking at your tiny baby and not being able to protect them inside your tummy anymore. It would be even worse seeing your little baby with a cut.
    I feel awful for them.

Just really needed to get this out.

Aww Carrie that is terrible. Poor little baby. I hope that he is doing ok and that your friend is healing well too. How on earth do they do a c section on all 4's no wonder the baby got cut. :hugs: to you hun and some for your friends too. I hope all goes well for them.

tiggy Guest

Carrie
    I will keep your friend's little boy in my prayers.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Same here poor little guy and his parents anguish too.

Oh no Carrie, that poor little boy! And his poor parents - they must be going out of their minds with worry. I hope that all goes well with his surgery and I hope his Mum is recovering ok as well. Please let us know how it all goes. You will all be in my thoughts.

Thanks everyone,
    It helps to write things down.
    I just hope that their baby does well and doesn't have too many troubles.
    I will let you know how they are

OOOH Carrie... Please do let us know as things happen...
    I know what you mean about not being able to protect them in your tummy anymore & mine both went 1 weeek over!
    I feel really fragile when I leave the hospital for the first few days, knowing that my girls were no longer protected safely by me...

I pray for this couple & their little man!!!!

Carrie, your poor friend to have to go through all of that so early. I think you are a great friend and you are obviously very concerned about them and their little boy. I know this will bring back a lot of memories for you, but I don't think they could ask for a better person than you to be there for them.

Carrie big hugs to you and your friend. I hope the little man comes through this ok

Sal Guest

Oh Carrie, that is awful, poor bub, what a way to enter the world.

Big hugs to you and your friend. Good on you for being there for them.

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I haven;t heard anything yet....just want to leave them to it atm, but I sent an SMS and email with the poem attached from the other thread in here and the austprem link.
    I'll definately update when I find out how they and bubs are.
    Thanks

I hope he is doing ok.

Hi there,
    Thought I'd better give a bit of an update. The datails are a bit clearer now - she was wheeled into surgery on all fours with a nurse holding in the cord and then flipped over for the c-section (that makes much more sense!)
    The little boy has been named: Anastasios (english version: Anastos).
    He's doing okay, was stitched up, only about 3 stitches but as he is only little this went across most of his little tummy.
    He's on CPAP, but not a ventalator which is good. His blood pressure has been a bit low, so they were thinking of giving him some caffine (??). Apparently he did his 1st poo - which was good. And having 4mls of EBM every few hours which is great.
    Mum is doing okay but finding (as I'm sure most of us prem mums did) it difficult not having her bub with her when she can hear other bubs in the rooms next to hers. She is coming home tomorrow which I'm sure she'll find difficult.
    So - it appears that things are going well considering.

I'm pleased little Anastasios is doing OK. It will be hard for your friend, but I'm sure she will appreciate any help and advice you can give her Carrie.

Sorry to hear what has happened with your friends. Sounds to me though that little Anastasios is a real fighter - to have gone through so much already, but to be hanging in there like he is.

Hugs to your friend and her now having to go through the separation from him that lays ahead. She is very lucky to have someone as caring and supportive as you as her friend.

Carrie, I'm so glad to hear that your friend and Anastasios are doing ok after going through such a traumatic experience.

Like you said, it will be hard for her being separated from her little guy while he is in hospital, but she is lucky to have a friend like you who understands and will support her.

Thanks for letting us know, I have been thinking about them since your first post...

Carrie,

sorry i only just found this thread.
    I was wondering how your friend and her little boy are doing now a few months on? How long was he in hosp for, is he well now? I cant believe they cut him when cutting her far out. It must have been a bit of a rush getting him out with what happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast