Thread: First baby prem, this time?

kirsty Guest

Default First baby prem, this time?

I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I had my first baby 8weeks premature after my waters broke at 31weeks & am scared that the same thing may happen again this time. Has anybody had a prem baby for a first pregnancy & then had another? Or have subsequent pregnancies been different? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanx heaps, Kirsty

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Kirsty

This is my first bub so I cant speak from experiance but my Sister in Laws first was born at 34 weeks. Her second was born at 41 weeks. We just all joke that it was trying to make up for the time she missed out on the first one.

Hope this is of some help

Love Jen

kirsty Guest

To all that have offered information, thanx. I guess no matter what we are playing a waiting game, with not much to do except sit back & wait. I had a friend who had a baby 5weeks early & then went on to go 2days over with her 2nd. So we understand that anything can happen, especially as we have no explanation for why it happened the 1st time. Guess I'm just looking for some kind of reassurance. Anyway thanx again & what will be will be
    luv'n'friendship
    Kirsty

Hi Kirsty

I am sure the doctors will be keeping a close eye on you this time around knowing about your past experience

Have a great pregnancy.

Love :smt049