Thread: Great poem...

Default Great poem...

Have you guys come across this? It brings tears to my eyes!
    I found it on the Austprem website...

A PERFECT CHOICE

Finally, God passes a name to an angel and smiles, 'Give her a premature child.'
    The angel is curious. 'Why this one, God? She's so happy'
    'Exactly,' smiles God. 'Could I give a premature child to a mother who does not know laughter? That would be cruel.'
    'But has she patience?' asks the angel.
    'I don't want her to have too much patience or she will drown in a sea of self-pity and despair. Once the shock and resentment wear off, she'll handle it. I watched her today. She has that feeling of independence that is so rare and so necessary in a mother.'
    'But Lord, I don't think she even believes in you.'
    God smiles. 'No matter, I can fix that. This one is perfect. She has just enough selfishness.'
    The angel gasps, 'Selfishness? Is that a virtue?'
    God nods. If she can't separate herself from the child occasionally, she'll never survive.
    Yes, there is a woman whom I will bless with a child in a less perfect way. She doesn't realise it yet, but she will be envied. She will never consider a 'step' ordinary. When her child says 'Mama' for the first time, she will be present at a miracle and know it!
    She will never be alone. I will be at her side every minute of every day of her life because she is doing my work as surely as she is here by my side.'
    'And what about her patron saint?' asks the angel, his pen poised in mid-air.
    God smiles. 'A mirror will suffice.'

Author Unknown

Kirsty - Thanks for sharing such a beautiful poem.
    It is so true that after having a premmie every first and special moment is even more special, knowing how much your little one has gone/fought through to get there.

AMEN

what a beautiful poem - how true
    esp. the milestones being so monumentus (sp)

kirsty Guest

Thanx for sharing such a beautiful & true poem, Kirsty.

As mums of premmies we forget that each time they do something it isn't always "normal" & that we need to remember that they are special for what they have achieved in their lifetimes after such early starts.

What a lovely poem, Kirsty!

belmarks Guest

I'm crying, its so true....

thanks for the poem it was very touching!