Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in shock - a friend has given birth at 24 weeks

kirsty Guest

It sounds like little Lloyd is doing really well & his weight gain is great!!

Here's hoping that he continues to thrive & go forward in leaps & bounds.

Huge hugs to your friends coz it sounds like they need them, it is such an emotionally draining time when you are spending most of it at a hospital watching your baby & not really being able to do much. Hope that they are getting plenty of rest coz they don't need to end up sick either.

Fee Guest

Lloyd weighed 915 grams on Tuesday night. As a reward for growing, he is now allowed 14 ml of milk every two hours. That's nearly 3 teaspoons!

It looks likely that his parents will get their first opportunity to hold Lloyd today!

O

That is wonderful news Fee!! Yay for little Lloyd!! And how eciting that his mummy and daddy can hold him today... \/

kirsty Guest

What wonderful news & what a great milestone for Lloyd to have achieved.

Here's hoping his mummy & daddy get that first precious hold today.

That such great news! I hope they get a cuddle today!

Oh wow what a little fighter GO LLYOD I hope you got a cuddle from your mum and dad yesterday, that is so hard to imagine what they would be going through that would be like me having my bubba next week aarrrghhhh stay in the belly little bubba. [-o< Thoughts and prayers with little lyod I hope you reach the 1 kilo mark real soon!

It really is amazing what special care units can do for premmies now. When seren was in special care, I was amazed at how well they can look after even the tiniest of babies. Infection control was a major factor at the hospital, and everyone was made to constantly disenfect and they're rules were very strict (and for good reason).

It really is terrifying having a prem baby. I'm so glad that everything seems to be going well Fi. It is a long road to going home, but so worth it when that day comes!

\/

lucysmummie Guest

hey glad to hear he is doin ok so far!

Just a little light on the matter, my DH's aunty had her IVF twins at 22 weeks in the year 2000 they were the most premature in that year! and they are now turning 6 this year! because they were a boy and a girl apparently the boys dont get all the good stuff when they are in the tummy so he is deaf and has a bionic ear so he can hear purfectly but needs the ear pak! they are great kids and when they came out they put a bunny rabbit next to them in the crib and it looks like a big one but its really a small one so they were tiny but were fighters!!!

So yeah, hope llyod is doin ok!

Fee Guest

Thought I should come back and update this.

Lloyd finally went home on Saturday, 11 March 2006 after 120 days (4 months) in hospital. He now weighs 3150 grams (6.9 pounds) and is 51 cm long.

He passed his due date two weeks ago (1st March). O

What a little fighter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fee

Lloyd finally went home on Saturday, 11 March 2006 after 120 days (4 months) in hospital. He now weighs 3150 grams (6.9 pounds) and is 51 cm long.

What a little fighter!!!
    WOW! How awesome...at two weeks past his due date he's 6.9 pounds? My niece is about 3 weeks and she's only just over 7 pounds now. The staff at the hospital & his parents have obviously done such a terrific job with him!

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beckibee
    Quote Originally Posted by Fee

What a little fighter!!!
    WOW! How awesome...at two weeks past his due date he's 6.9 pounds? My niece is about 3 weeks and she's only just over 7 pounds now. The staff at the hospital & his parents have obviously done such a terrific job with him!
    Yep 6.9 pounds (I used a measurement converter on the Net - I'm not good with baby weight in grams and kgs!). I guess he's just like a regular newborn now which is fantastic.

Fee, that's awesome news. I must have missed this thread initially and have had tears as I read of Lloyd's journey. I'm so thrilled for him and his family that he's gone home. =D>

=D> I'm really happy for Lloyd and his mummy and daddy - they've obviously been through a really hard time and it's great to hear that he's done so well!

That's fantastic news. Thanks for updating us!

Thanks for the update, so far things sound like they are going as well as can be expected. Hipefully he will continue gaining weight and get stronger and stronger as each day goes by.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12