Thread: It's been 1 year since our NICU journey ended.

Default It's been 1 year since our NICU journey ended.

Today we celebrate 1 year since the end of our very long NICU journey

DS has come a long way and we are so very proud of him. I look back on everything that happened in those long 15 weeks and still can't believe he made it home. He is doing nearly everything he should be for 12 mths corrected but is a little below average with his gross motor skills. He can crawl but can't yet stand without holding on to something even though he flies around the house with his activity walker.

His vocab currently consists of :-

Mum
    Dad
    Mmbar - Amber
    Ta
    Haaa - hi & by
    Umnum- food
    Mma-kiss
    Brrmbrmm-whilst pushing his toys around the floor

He loves books and initiates games like row, row your boat, open shut them & peek a boo - very cute as he covers his ears not his eyes. He shakes his head for "no", waves, claps, blows kisses & gives beautifully sloppy kisses and the best cuddles. ATM he's into pointing at things, sticking his finger up his nose and sticking his finger down his throat

The one thing that hasn't changed and I don't want to change in the near future is how good it feels when he fall asleep nestled into my chest.

He is my little miracle

Woooo Hoooo!!! What a fabulous milestone to celebrate, are you having a cake

15 weeks is a long time in NICU, and it is amazing to see and hear of this little warriors fighting so very hard, you must be so proud

He sounds like he is doing fabulously and has come through with only a few delays so amazing from such a small beginning
    Take care and enjoy this special day xxoo

Awww Rosebud what a fabulous milestone to be celebrating. We're going through a tough time wtih DD in NICU at the moment so reading your post continues to give me hope that she'll leave hospital in a few months and come home and continue to grow and develop just as well as your little man has.

Big hugs x

*Infinity* - You have all been in my thought and prayers. Your DD has shown so much strength since birth. She will continue to fight this and I'm hoping that she is improving. Just remember, these little ones do everything in their own time. Big to you Hun.

*Beema* - No cake, just lots of cuddles as it has only been DS & me for the past week. It's been good to spend so much one on one time together. DH has taken the girls camping (thredbo of all places).

We are so proud! Just like any parent would be. I was going to post the story of his NICU journey but now just doesn't seem to be the right time. One day I will, I'll gather my strength to share.