Thread: My Preemie Prince :)

kabeandizziesmummy Guest

Default My Preemie Prince :)

Here is the first block of text from my sons site - https://www.babiesonline.com/members...rpreemieprince
    feel free to go on and look of you wish - password = Kabe

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hi there, my Names Sammie, im from England and i'm a proud mum of a preemie prince. Our little boy was born 2 days ago at 29 weeks. He wieghs in at just 3lb 2oz and measures 11" long from scalp to toes. He is on assisted breathing but using a programme called Oxy3/4 which means he is only given the oxygen for 3/4 of the time in order to encourage him to breathe unaided. His big sister Izzie is dying to meet him but as yet isnt allowed as she is under two so still carries a large risk of infection into the unit he is in. M'Kynlay-Kabe, or Kabe as he is known, is in an isolette right now through a window as i type this, wiggling his little fingers around his daddys hand as he touches his thin transparent skin gently. Kabe reacts to the sound of our voices as soon as we speak by moving his head to us, and also tryies opening his eyes too. The first time i saw him, he was placed on my chest for tweo minutes shortly after birth and i couldnt get over how small he is, he really is tiny, people compare theor children to litre sized bottles of coke, but Kabe is more like the mini bottles instead. I went up to see him in SCBU (Special Care Baby Unit - we dont have NICU) and he was so precious looking in his container, like something that wasnt real, just tiny and so cute. I asked if it was ok to touch him, and his nurses Michelle and Kiera said to go ahead, it was the first time he had been touched since going in and when i finally touched him through the little hole, his alarm immediately went off and i was ordered away, My own son reacted to me by having a heart attack, i was so upset, i didnt want to be around, but after 5/6 hours my Partner Josh, Kabe and Izzie's Dad, persuaded me to go back in, i tried taking in the laptop to take pictures, but was shocked to realise everything, and i mean EVERYthing had to be sterilised, even by having to remove my own nightdress and put on a gown again like i had on before, we had to scrub again and even then couldnt touch things inside. We managed to get a camera sterilised so we could take pictures, they are keeping it in the SCBU for us and documenting every day for us. Right now I don't really know what else to write, other than any hopes, thoughts and well wishes for our son would be gladly appreciated.

With love and thanks, fingers and toes crossed, Sammie, Josh, Izzie and Kabe x

well, he's now 4 days, but you get the idea. He had tests done last night to identify any problems. But yesterday he managed to breathe for himself for 12 minutes, by accident. He was supposed to have 5 minutes off, his nurse Kiera was busy and checked him quickly, she said, he's coping fine at the moment, but if you get worried or he struggles give me shout and i'll put him back on it, my little boylasted 12 whole minutes before beginning to struggle. i was so proud, and as soon as he struggled, she was there to sort him out. and he was fine.

Thats my story for now, anyway,

Sammie x

Hi Sammie,

congratulations on the birth of your son Kabe! Oh those picstures are gorgeous i love the one where he is holding your hand.
    It sounds like he is going well so far, there may be days he goes backwards or days there is no progress but each day brings him one step closer to being bigger and stronger. i hope his hospital journey is a smooth one, take plenty of pics, you will look back in a few months and be amazed at how much he has grown!
    Im sure his big sister is watching down from up above and keeping her eye on him.

well done and take care of yourself

all the best for your beautiful baby!! make sure you take care of yourself, just take one day at a time..
    big hugs sweetie

Hello, my name is sally and my young man was born at 30 weeks. I just wanted to say congratulations! How are things going now? How are you coping?

take care and hugs!

hope he continues to improve each and everyday

he looks just beautiful and I will keep sending up little each day.

keep us updated when you can :hugs:

kabeandizziesmummy Guest

hey thanks, kept meaning to come back and update, but ive been so busy and spending so mucj time with Kabe i just didnt get chamce. Anywasy im here now. Kabe has out on 4oz in a week lol, turning into a right little fatty lol and his skin is thickening up beautifully. Daddy was lucky enough to get a hold yesterday and he also got to see Kabe open an eye (im not jealous honest lol) it just happens that our little man decided to do new stuff when im not around. lIke his sister Izzzie deciding to crawl for the first time properly when i was still in hosptial with kabe, that did make me jealous lol. But all in all, everything is good up our end. Thanks for your replies x

Glad to hear everything is going well! lotsa :hugs: coming your way

Hey Sammie, your little boy is an absolute darling.
    All the best for the days and weeks to come.

congrats on your little man i hope everything goes great and he will be home before you know it!
    xox

boomboom baby Guest

Hi Sammie. I'm new here but my thread should pop up anytime soon so you can read my story. My daughter was 26 weeks and is now 11 months. Kabe seems to be doing just great.....it s definetly hard the journey you are on but the time will go as fast as it goes slowly (SCN/NICU is like that). One day at a time.....lots of love and strength. Misha

Sammie, haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is ok. lots of hugs!

Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

Take Care

Moved from The Nthn Beaches to Nth Shore of Sydney and now resides on the Central Coast.

Hi There,

My daughter was in NICU after her birth due to some complications. She was not premature, just sick, however the tiny, sick babies that were along side her will be etched in my mind forever. I hope Kabe is well. It is such a huge thing having a baby in special care. I felt no one at the local mother's group understood what it was like. I wish you all the best with Kabe. I am sure he is just the sweetest baby. I send all my love! It is so hard watching your little baby struggle. It really is amazing how strong they are though. The day he comes home will just be the graetest day ever!!!! Good luck with everything!!!

kabeandizziesmummy Guest

Hey just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who relied etc on here. i havent bee about much, decided to stay low from the internet for a while. We had pictures of our son stolen and he was posed as another child named darious on a web scam and people behind it declared he died and they were asking fro money for a send off for him, it made me physically ill to think soemone could do that. so i havent been around much, just spending most of my time with Kabe. He's doing really well now, growing well, is above that 4lb marker, he's 7 weeks old, he's able to suckle on the breast, breathing alone, everythihng we could ask for realy

Good to hear he is doing well1

The thought of someone doing that is sickening..... some people really make me mad, i'm so sorry it happened to you.

Take Care and all the best

oh my god that is horrible...... how could someone even think to try and pull something off like that?

How did you actually find out that was going on?

Im glad kabe is doing well though, i hope you are too

boomboom baby Guest

Woohoo! Great Kabe news. I'm so happy he's doing so well. I'm sure you can see that light at the end of the tunnel now! Just wonderful.......