Thread: nicu, prem babies

skye scholes Guest

Default nicu, prem babies

[size=18][color=blue]i had my baby at 30 weeks,he was 1 kilo 2.2 pound.i knew when i had him i had a long way to go be 4 taking him home.3 weeks down the track my son decided to blow up and the doctors said he was full of wind,we all had a laugh,the next day they took him down for a heart scan, they found a problem and had to do an opp,he was the 2nd tinyiest baby in the world to under go wat he did at 1200 grams and pull through.he has 1 kidney aswell.we sent a long time in hosp 10 weeks and had a long long road to over come he had so many problems.we were told that he may not pull through the opp and that if he did he would prob have lots of problems.well he pulled through and his 16months old now and to look at him u would never of thought he was so sick.he only weighs 8 kilo now very small. couldnt be happier ready to start planing for the next. i look at him eveyday and thank god for the lilttle angle ive been blessed with. xoxoxoxoxxoxox

What a brave little boy and such a thankful mum you are!

Glad to hear that your little boy is thriving after his rough start to life.

Best wishes to you both.

Seeya

Skye thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad he's doing well now.

I know where you're coming from - my son also spent 3 months in hospital when he was born due to heart problems.

Skye,

Thank you for sharing your story.

He sounds a lovely little boy and his weight is just fine.
    Kimberley is now 2 yrs 2 months and only weighs 12kg. She was bron at 35 wks 4 days and was 4lb 13oz at birth.

Good luck with TTC for the next one.

Skye,

Welcome to Belly Belly.

Thank you so much for sharing your story, I`m glad all is going well now with your little boy after such a rough start.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi Skye, :wave:

Thank you for sharing your story with us. You DS sounds like a little fighter. I am so glad he is doing well.

Good luck when you do start TTCing #2.

Also, welcome to BB.

HI Skye

Welcome to BB. Thank you for sharing your story with us. What a battler your little man was and still is. Give him a big kiss from his Aunty Trish

Take care
    Trish

Wow Skye, what a little fighter you have there

kirsty Guest

Skye thanx for sharing your story. You certainly have a little fighter on your hands. Hoep he is continuing to go well.

Skye, thanks for sharing! Your little man is certainly a fighter! Good on him (and you for being a great Mum!)

skye scholes Guest

thanks everyone for the warm welcome ... to look at jaylen now u wouldnt eve think he was a sick boy,his full of beans xoxoxo O

JoDan Guest

A friend that I used to work with had her little girl at 27 weeks. She was 582grams!!!

She is now just under 3kg, and would be 5weeks old had she gone full term. Her mum got pre-eclampsia so had to have her early.

However, the little trooper has only had to have one operation which was for a hernia, so I guess she is one of the lucky ones.

She was the smallest they have had in the NICU for ages. Mum and bubs are both home now doing great.

Skye, welcome and thanks for sharing your story. You've had a really stressful time, so glad to hear it's worked out well. What heart condition did Jaylen have, if you don't mind me asking? My son was born with heart problems and had early ops too.