Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #2

Nic- You aren't going to believe me when I say we live aboout 2 minutes from the freeway!!!!!Pat is finally hom and sleeping contently.I reckon he had a bowsel infection when we came home from hospital after he was born because ecerytime he passed wind it smelt like rotten eggs but now it doesn't.

Jess - Thats fantastic that Pat is back home with you! How is he going - is he still unwell at all...or all better?

Jess - that's wonderful news to hear that ur little Pat is home - Hope he continues to make fantastic improvements. Take care

How r all u mums and bubs going? Just thinking of u all and hoping everyone is well

Hi Rae,

we are pretty good. Nixon's reflux is very up and down, we have good days and bad days. He is really starting to look big to me now! give him another few weeks and i think he start wearing 000! atleast he has gotten to wear all the 0000 we had, i thought we had to much small stuff but worked out well! But in saying that he has so much 000 that Im dying for him to fit into! He gets weighed again Monday.
    How's Ella? Hey i notice your signature your thinking of TTC again!! have you started yet or still thinking about when to?

I'm wondering what sort of age gap I'd like to have between children, for those with more then one or thinking of having another whats your take on it? closer together harder at first but better in the long run? Or better for a bigger gap then No#1 can help out more with new bubs? There was a thing about it on Kerry-ann thismorning!!

Hi Nic
    i always said i wanted a 3-4 yr gap between kids but now that ella's nearly 1 - i'm missing that 'baby' as she seems so big now..and along with hormones and stuff i've surprsed myself and am actually craving another one! I also look after my Niece 4 days a wk and there's a 2 yr age gap between her and Ella - and they r great friends and ver easy to manage. I also didn't want to be too out of touch with the whole b/f, sleeping, nappies stuff so hopefully within the next few months we'll begin TTC. Id love to be preg by end of yr.

Sorry to hear that Nixon is still struggling with reflux - poor darling. Ella had bad reflux at first and was on Zantac and food thickner, elevated bed...u know the drill. She was very unhappy which is just not in her nature. My community nurse ended up referring us to a local osteopath and after about 3 sessions i noticed a big diference and after 6-8 sessions she was totally cured. He was a miracle worker!!!!She's been a different child ever since - slept through the night 10-13 hrs from then on. i highly recommend them.

Well i'm glad to hear u guys r doing ok. Thanks for the reply and i'll speak again soon.

oh glad to hear the osteo was really good for Ella.
    Ive just had one session so far last week and he said could take 7-8 before he is noticably different, so we'll keep at it and hope for the better! Today he hasnt been to bad, 2 days ago he was throwing up every few mins! yep he is on Zantac but i dont think enough, gotta go back to gp as its been a few weeks since starting him on it. but she said only give 0.5ml twice a day. it just doesnt seem enough? i know they calculate by weight so wonder what that is, and obviously he has grown since we started it.

My sister has a 21month and 3month old, she had found it hard but seems to cope well and i think they will be great together in a few yrs time. did u take long to fall pg with Ella?

Hi to everyone else hope all are well. Tiff how is Ivy going now?

Nic - we were really very fortunate and fell preg 1st go with Ella, which i was completely surprised about as i'd been told i'd prob have difficulties due to PID. Not too sure if it's gonna be as easy this time round as my cycle is wayyyy off - i think cause i'm still b/f - but we'll just have to wait and see. Keep ur fingers crossed cause i would just llllloooovvvvveeee to fall preg by end of yr!!!!

Hope u have as much luck with the osteo as had - u won't know urself!!!

hello ladies!
    Pat is doing much better still have a bit of a wheeze but that is slowly easing!
    I'm feeling a bit apprehensive tonight because I got a letter from the hospital today giving me a date for my tubal ligation. The date is next Thursday the 3rd of August and I have to be there by 7.30am.I am soooooooo scared about it!

Jess - so good to hear about Pat. Hope that wheeze goes quickly! And as for ur tubal ligation - u'll do fine sweety - look what a tough nut u've been getting through all the rough patches u've had with Patty lately! I can imagine u'd be nervous and scared but it'll be over before u know it

tiggy Guest

Jess,
    I can understand your fear sweetie, They tied my tubes after Ivy and Noah's birth and I am still trying to deal with all the feelings that go along with that.
    Hugs to you

Nic - i'd find out about upping Nixon's Zantac measurement.. Ronan is on 1.1mls every 8hrs (so usually every 2nd feed) + thicker and has been on that since leaving the hospital and he never cries in pain and only vomits small amounts.. He's been on the 1.1mls since he was 4kgs..

Jess - That is just fantastic news about Patrick being home.. *hugs*

iluvella - I have my fingers crossed that you fall pregnant first month of trying..

Thank Rac - i'd love for that to happen!!!! How's little Ronan going?

Hi all,
    Nic - I hope the osteo helps with the reflux hon! How great that Nixon's almost in the 000...you'll get to use all of those outfits that you probably bought before he was born!! IKWYM with the 0000 - when I was pregnant I got a few thinking that she'd only be in them for a few weeks but ended up getting heaps of wear out of them!
    Jess- So glad to hear that Pat's getting better, what a relief for you. Best of luck with the OP, I hope it all goes smoothly for you
    Rae- How exciting thinking about #2!! I hope it happens soon for you!
    I've been thinking about TTC #2 and even got another referral for IVF...but have decided to leave it for a little bit.
    I've been on medication for depression for ages and was told I couldn't BF on it with Kyla so am trying to get off of that first...I'm nearly off of it but have found that as a result I've been feeling a bit flat - so hopefully soon my mood will get better and I'll have enough energy to think about #2!
    Tiff- Hope you are well sweetie and that Ivy is also ok.

Hi to everyone else!!
    PS- we're off to Port Douglas on Sat...yay.

Hi Carrie
    Yeah we r pretty excited now that we're thinking about a sibling-in-the-making for Ella...i really hope it happens soon too!
    Sorry to hear u r feeling a bit flat - hopefully ur hol in Port Douglas will brighten ur mood.
    Can u believe our baby girls are almost 1 :eek: - where has the time gone!!!!!

Take care everyone - hope u r all well

I know! We're having a big party for her and a Baptism as well.

Hey girls

A big hi to everyone...sorry it's been a while between posts!

Tiff...how is little Ivy doing? Are you seeing any improvement with the reflux? I hope she is coping ok. Equally as importantly, how are you doing? Your last post sounded like you were beating yourself up after your appointments with the doctors. Please don't blame yourself! I agree wholeheartedly with everything Odette said...you are doing a great job, Ivy is doing a great job and she *will* develop in her own time. Well done to Noah for his great results.

Trish...how is life at home with your gorgeous little men? I hope all is going well with your new, bigger family!

Jess...great to hear that Patrick is on the mend. I will be thinking of you next week with your op.

Nic...I hope the osteopath continues to help Nixon with his reflux. On the topic of TTC...we have started again this month! We would like to have a smallish gap between our children. There are 2 years between me and my sister which has always worked well, so something similar (or a bit smaller) would be nice.

Carrie...good to see you back! Great news re Kyla's eating and rolling! Have a fantastic time in Port Douglas! Ah, nice warm weather! (Oops, that was a lot of !!!!)

Another big hi to all the other mums & bubs...hope everyone is well!

Josh is doing well. He is doing hands and knees crawling mostly now (still does a little bit of commando) and has also started pulling himself up on everything and is spending lots of time standing up against lounges, tables, etc. His two top front teeth finally came through, which has cheered him up no end. And all the crawling is making him hungry and he is eating with gusto! Finally, after 11 months!

Hi all,

Carrie, how long u going to Port Douglas for? have u been before. DH & I went there for our honeymoon, was so nice. You guys will love it! sorry to hear your feeling a bit flat, i bet Kyla's giggly smile picks you back up again each day! Are you going to go to the next melb dinner?
    Bec- Whoo Hoo on TTC again! How exciting!! Hope it happens soon for you.

How does everyone feel about TTC again after having a prem? I think when i fall pg again I'm really going to be paranoid that i won't carry full term again. when Nixon was in hospital there was a lady in there with her 3rd boy. all 3 of them had come early and spent time in hosp, i though how did she do it? It would be harder 2nd and 3rd time around when u already have other kids to look after aswell.

Well Nixon is still asleep and gone 5hrs from his last feed @ 6.30am. i keep checking on him but he is just peacefully sleeping!

DH surprised me and took me to see Pete Murray last night! he had to work bring their bands gear in and out for them so we got on the guest list! It was just a promo tour and Sunrise put it on apparently ppl were winners and they flew them from around the country put them up and took them to the show. He only played about 6 songs but it was great, very relaxing had a few wines and nibblies (all free) and male friend (very clucky male friend) had fun babysitting for me!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast