Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #6

Default Premmie Mums #6

Being a parent can be overwhelming at the best of times & that feeling can be compounded if your baby is premature or has health problems that require a stay in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or a Special Care Nursery (SCN). This thread is here to help you gain, & provide support to other parents going through similar experiences.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Astrolady [email protected] ~ Administrator
    kirsty [email protected]
    Ambah [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sammi-j [email protected]

Hi Girls

Old thread can be found here. You may have noticed that the details have now been removed at the start of the thread. The reason behind this is found is Messages from BellyBelly and applies to all forums.

Love

Buggar, we only just got the details up!! oh well...

Tiff OMG i cant believe the twins will be a year old this time next week... time just goes by way to quickly!!

Anneliese is almost 6 months old... she's getting so big, in 000's LOL i look at pics i have of her at hours old, and think that cant be the same baby...

oh bummer! after all that to get it up here i think we had it for a few weeks only. i always liked having it on belly buddies i looked through it but oh well guess i'll get used to not having it there also.

simone i know what u mean, i was changing Nixon thismorning and his legs are hanging over the bed im thinking he is just growing before my eyes!

moment by moment Guest

Hi girls,

sorry my computer had a min meltdown so i was out of action for a few days (heheh stuff got done around the house though) Thanks for all the nice welcomes. There seems to be a few mums here from austprem too. Airlie is now 10mths 7mths corrected and 6.1kg last weigh. She is so cheeky she has now worked out that the video player has a window and you can put stuff in it and that you can pull on the blinds. She is so going to be a handful i can see it now :eek: No its not that bad just i cant believe how far she has come really from 861gms to this its fantastic. We are going to our Royal North Shore NICU grad party early DEC are any of you going to grad parties? I am so excited to see all of them again!!
    Fiona
    ps Tiggy i am from Blue Bay near The Entrance
    Nic if you want me to i will send you my number and you can pass it on to Julia for me just so your not giving hers out. We had planned to meet up as we chatted on austprem but then i changed my email and messenger addy which i emailed her but she seemed to be having probs with her messenger too at one stage. anywho i message you Thanks for that.

Fiona

Hi all,
    Hi Fiona- Ooh, Airlie does sound like a cheeky little one! It is amazing how quickly time passes, I saw a 6 week old the other week and was thinking how tiny the bub was when Kyla was half of what she was...You would hardly know it now! The grad party sounds like heaps of fun! We don't have that, but we had Kyla transferred to a local SCN asap.

Tiff - Wow, I can't believe your little ones are nearly 1!! Are ya having a big party?

Nic - How was the trip?

tiggy Guest

Hi Carrie,
    We had a party last weekend, so we are just having a quiet one on the day - there are piccies on their site if you want a looksee. I thought I might just have quiet reflection on the 30th but now I find out there is a teacher's strike! I guess I will have to wait to reflect on their birth and the last twelve months.
    Anyhow, Dave's parents and sister are coming for dinner and my mum too. So, with them and all the kids it will be a Tregenza instant party! LOL So that will be us wrapped up. I can't believe it either, Carrie. They're not allowed to grow up too quickly!

Oooh Tiff, I just had a look at the pics. They're gorgeous! You must be so proud of your beautiful little babies. The cakes looked great and the little lolly bags with their photos were a fantastic idea!

Hi Girls

Just a quick one as it is 11pm !! Ashtons naked weight is 3.55kg so I know now there was a 110g difference between what he was wearing yesterday and being naked. He is 53cm long as well. So he is doing extremely well !! Will catch up properly tomorrow I hope. I have Lachlan sick with a bit of a throat infection and high temps atm.

Love

Hey Astro - that's great that Ashton putting on weight well!! Hope Lachlan is feeling better soon and that he doesn't keep you up tonight!

Hi everyone!

We brought Macauley home on Monday, and i am so pleased, he is now just over his birth weight which is great and he is feeding really well too which is a bonus, i haven't even had to think about putting him on formula which my other boys had.

We are still trying to get the family into a routine that suits all of us, but he sleeps 5/6 hours at night which i'm grateful for

I will come back tommorrow to do personals

I hope you are all well and that all the babies are thriving!
    Last edited by Naomi; November 24th, 2006 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Typo's

Oh Naomi

I am so happy to hear that Macauley is home finally, and great that he is sleeping so well.

Just keeping an eye on Ashton this morning as he is feeling a tad warm now. Might msg Andrew later to buy a digital thermometer that i can put under his arm. Hopefully it is just cause of the fact it has been warm weather here. I have stripped him right down to just a singlet and nappy.

Already have Lachlan back in bed and asleep. He woke up with a high temp again, so changed from Dymadon Paracetamol to Panadol and have put him back to bed. He is on anitbiotics now as well so should be feeling better by morning. I hope !

Love

congratulations Naomi on getting Macauley home!

we flew home yesterday, had a great time away but Nixon is a little sick.
    he developed a cough 4 days ago which in the begining i thought was just him deliberatly coughing, but then Thursday night he started coughing in his sleep.
    yesterday coughed all the way home & by last night it got worse and his temps were high 38's. i was getting a bit worried cause he has never been sick b4.

anyway panadol got the temp down, he has gone off his milk a little though and not interested in water (but still doing plenty of wet/dirty nappies)
    just to be safe took him to my gp (well my normal gp wasnt working today but same place) she said he just had a viral infection but his chest sounded very good and cough sounded a bit mucousy... but i thought she was pretty blasae about the whole thing like i was wasting her time....

Nixon is still smiley most of the time so i guess not too bad. But as we get into early evening his temp has gone back up to mid 38's. so just gotta keep a close eye on it tonight. i was just worried it could turn into broncholitis.

Congrats Naomi on getting Macauley home. It's a great feeling when you finally walk out of the hospital with your little one in your arms!!!

Oh No!! Nic I really hope Nixon doesn't have broncholitis and has to go into hospital. I'll be thinking of you both sweetie, and get better really soon little man.:hugs:

Raven

Hey nic, hope things work out, bronchiolitis is a viral infection, so if you feel he's not doing well over night, take him in to get checked out. Its best to get onto it early before they get so worn out its harder for them to recover quicker. But nixon's a strong little man, he should be fine. you have my number on the junies list, if you need to ask anything, please dont hesistate to call me, both Xander and Anneliese have had Bronchiolitis 4 times between them...

Congrats Naomi on getting Macauley home!! Its nice to take them home and get back to your normal life

Hi there -
    Naomi- YAY on Macauley's homecoming!!!! That's great that he's feeding well and sleeping well too!
    Nic- IKWYM, hate it every time Kyla gets sick, it's so stressful! Every time I've goneto the Dr they act as though you're over-reacting. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Thanks Simone!
    Its just taken almost an hour & a half to get him off to bed, poor little boy i can tell just doesnt feel well, he has just been moaning and whingy all night, he'd get almost asleep then start crying even when i was there. the sec i would go to walk out he started up again so i sat beside the cot stroking his head/arm.
    given him panadol, just in a nappy & singlet with summer sleeveless sleeping bag & wiped a cool washer over his face hands and feet.

so if the doc said he has a viral infection then i wonder at what stage does it stay just that or turn into something worse? she really didnt help out at all i left more uncertain then b4 i went!
    i know i am probably being over precausious but i suppose its best to be. only cause i know premmies are more suseptable to bronc and Anneliese & Pat both end up in hospital from it.
    oh well fingers crossed he has a good nights sleep and wakes up feeling better tomorrow

With Anneliese she was sleeping a lot more than usual, feeding less, and when i put her to bed at 8pm and woke her up at 6am, and her nappy was still dry, thats when i made the decision to take her in. You just know when its gone on long enough and they need some help. Im here if you need me... i know how stressful it is, i remember when i had Xander and i was trying to figure out whether he needed to go to hospital, or it was just me being a neurotic mother... our little premmies are more susceptible, Allie and Pat had Bronchiolitis before their due dates, but Xander was 42+3 and he has it 3 times in his first year. Good luck

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast