Thread: Prems and Vaccinations

Default Prems and Vaccinations

Just wondered if others knew that some prems are meant to have extra vaccinations? When I recently arranged for my daughter to have her 18mnth chicken pox injection, I was told due to her gestation (she was born at 27wks and I think the lady I spoke with mentioned babies born pre-32 weeks), birth weight and CLD history that she needed extra doses of comvax and prevenar and later at 4 years old a dose of pneumovax which is apparently a vaccine strain that other babies aren't routinely given. So please phone your local council Health section if you need to check!
    Happy wishes to all the beautiful prems and parents.

WoW Berry thanks so much for that info as Ronan was born at 27wks and had CLD too..

What is CLD??

Simone CLD means Chronic Lung Disease I think....correct me if I am wrong ladies

Jess that is exactly what it is..

Also prems need an extra dose of the hep b injections as well.
    Instead of 3 injections over time, they have to have 4.

My twins are coming up 4 in Dec so will have to ensure they get the extra jabs so thanks for the heads up!!!

Anneliese didnt have that, thank goodness, she didnt even have to be checked for ROP. She was big for her gestation, which saved her. THanks for the heads up about needing the extra hep B, when do they give that??