Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Searching for hope

Lightbulb Searching for hope

HI Ladies,

I guess I am looking for some glimmer of light in our current, very dark situation.

At 21.1 weeks into this pregnancy, I started to have contractions and discovered that my cervix was open to 4cm. Have been in hospital for 5 days on drugs to stop the uterus contracting which so far has been successful.

Our aim is to get to at least 23-24 weeks at a very minimun where bub will have a chance howver small it is, to survive on the outside.

Just looking for people who have been in similar circumstances who's bodies held on and delivered a bub at a later stage, or others that have been through without a positive outcome and from those I want to know how you coped losing your child.

Thanks all

Nae

Nae, I don't have any experience but just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and that bubby sticks hard for the next few weeks hun. Millions of to you... xox

there is lotsa threads and advice on this stuff in Lil Aussie Prem's. Google it hun...and good luck.

Sorry moderators if i wasnt allowed to post this...

Hi there, just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and wish you all the very best.

My lil man was born at 30wks after my membranes ruptured at 28wks, I know it's a different circumstance, but it is possible to hold on!

all the best

hun

a friend of mine delivered her little boy at 24 weeks late last year. he was tiny, but he was a fighter - and is now home and doing well.

it's a scary situation - and will be a long and trying journey for you.

hoping you are ok and that your bubba hangs about in there for a hell of a lot longer!

Just wanted to offer a

Nae "hug" I was in the NICU with a beautiful lady who delivered her bub at 29 weeks, after going into labor and dilating at 19wks. They put in a stitch and she was on complete bed rest. All the best

NaeNae, big hugs from me too hun. It must be so scary for you. A friend of mine has a healthy, thriving 2yo who was born at 24w+2, so miracles do happen. Her premmie labour was sudden and unexpected so no time for steroid shots, which I'm guessing you've had. So there is always hope. Just try to take one day at a time and hang in there. We will be thinking of you and praying for the best.

hi hun,
    i was myself born at 24 weeks over 20 years iam a healthy. hope you and bubs are ok.
    take care rach xxxx

NaeNae

My friend went into labour at 20wks and although I don't know the full story, I do know that the Dr's were able to stop it (she was in hospital for a bit too) and then she was able to deliver at around 34weeks so still early but not as early as it could have been and her little boy is now a healthy 10mth old boy.

I wish you all the very best what a scary time for you and your partner

Nae just letting you know i am thinking of you and hoping your baby can stay inside for as long as possible. the hopsitals are so well equipt now to do everything to stop your labour progressing but to also giving your little one the best fighting chance if he/she is to come too early.
    each day is going to make a huge difference so try and take each day as it comes. and as holly mentions Lil aussie prems has lots of helpful information and support in relation to premature babies if u get a chance to have a look
    please keep us updated.

A friend of mine had the same thing - she had a stitch in and complete bed rest from 24 weeks as the babys foot came out! Her baby girl is now just over 1 year old and has recently started walking, and everyone in our church group dotes on her!

I know its really easy to say and NOT so easy to do, but try not to stress yourself out. Stay calm, relax your body AND mind, and try and enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy. I don't know you, so I don't know if you're normally a very active person, but when I was stuck in bed for a while - back injury, not pregnancy - I taught myself how to crochet and knit. Now I make lil outfits and blankets for friends as they add to their families, and at the time I know it saved my sanity. Even scrapbooking would be useful - we always have boxes of photos that we'll get around to 'one day'!!

And tell DH to get you a laptop so you can keep in touch, and remember that every single woman here is cheering you and Bubble on :goodluck2:

wishing you lots and lots of luck hope your doing ok and we are all thinking of you

HI Everyone,

Thanks so much for all your wonderful posts, its really touching.

Still in hospital at 22.3 weeks and counting down til this weekend when I will hit 23 weeks. They will ship me off to another hosptial once I have gone 23, so that should bub come then at least she will be in a tertiary hospital and able to receive the best possible care.

There has been no change in my situation as far as we know but will have another u/s later this week to see how everythign is going. Despite the situation I have been having a great time here, feet up, in bed all day, get my meals delivered what more could a lady of leisure ask for ok so thats just me being silly but it has helped heaps having a good attitude about everything and the midwives here are great for a laugh and often pop in just for a chat.

Bub is still moving about and has a good strong heartbeat which is such a good thing, we have picked a couple of names that seem appropriate.

They talked about a stitch but decided against it for a couple of reasons, a) its a foreign body and there is a risk of infection, b) with a bulging membrane there is a risk of rupturing it, c) they only do a stitch if it is a cervix problem (ie weak cervix) and this is not the case with me.

I am glad though because I didn't want to have a stitch, but drugs, gosh I have two antibiotics and two others one hormone progesteron? and one to help stop the contractions. If they start poking things up my nose then I can say they have been into every orafice (sp?)

Anyway, Everyday we bake is a blessing and I am greatful for every day she stays inside. I love being pregnant with her and love all her movements. I am determined to hang on as long as I possibly can.

Thanks again

Nae x

awww best of luck nae, you have such a positive attitude so keep that up!!!

Glad to hear that things are well Nae. If I was down there I would be visiting you to keep you company.
    I will be praying every chance I get that your little one stays put.
    Take care xx

Just wanted to say we will be thinking of you, stay strong and positive.I had different circumstances and had baby at 32 weeks and she is 18mths now and doing well.

Oh wow. You guys are amazing.
    I've looked after plenty of little tinies, but I'm hoping upon hope that your little tiny stays put.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast