Thread: There is hope

Default There is hope

Hi Everyone,
    Well I'm only a new member but I wanted to tell you all that there an end to all the tears, sleepless night and all the waiting to get your baby out of the hospital.
    My little girl Willow was born at 30 weeks via a c-section her weight was 1820gms and she had Respiratory Distress Syndrome. She was sent to the NICU at the Mercy hospital for a week, after which time she could breathe with the help of a little bit of oxygen. So she was sent back down to Geelong to be closer to us. Willow spent another 6 weeks in hospital. Growing and getting stronger everyday. Finally after 7 weeks of hell I walked out of the hospital (like I had done many times before) but this time I had my little Willow with me. It was one of the happeast moments of my life. Today Willow is a happy & fat...lol 7 month old. Just her smile alone makes the whole ordeal worth it.
    The way we look at it is, at least we will have a speical story to to tell her when she gets a little older, of the very speical way she entered this world!
    Raven81

Congrats on the wonderful story of your daughter. Congrats to her being big and healthy now too

Hi Raven,
    congratulations on the birth of your precious daughter Willow. what happened/why did she make an early entrance?
    what dates were you & Willow @ Mercy? I had my son there at 33weeks (17th april) so he is 6months tomorrow & spent just under 4 weeks in hosp. (our journeys may have just missed each others)
    glad to hear she is happy & healthy now, come chat with us in "Premmie Mums" thread!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! As Nic said, come and join us in the prem mums group..

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    Hi Raven,
    congratulations on the birth of your precious daughter Willow. what happened/why did she make an early entrance?
    what dates were you & Willow @ Mercy? I had my son there at 33weeks (17th april) so he is 6months tomorrow & spent just under 4 weeks in hosp. (our journeys may have just missed each others)
    glad to hear she is happy & healthy now, come chat with us in "Premmie Mums" thread!

Hi Nic,
    Willow and I were in the Mercy from the 3-10 of March. After that Willow spent another 6 weeks in Geelong hospital. We have no idea why she made an early entrance, I think she was just in to much of a hurry to meet everyone....lol.

hehe sounds like the reasoning most of our bubs just wanted to meet us & couldnt wait any longer. ok you were well & truley out of there when we were there, must have been a lot easier for you once she was moved to Geelong though.

Oh yeah it was a alot easier when she was moved back to Geelong. She was born in Geelong but because of lungs NETS was sent down to take her to the mercy. I remember my husband telling my that he had just signed the paperwork for them to take her up and I lost it with him, I didn't speck to him for hours. I didn't hold her until the third day when I got day leave from Geelong to go up and see Willow. I can now say that was one of the worse weeks of my life and I couldn't wait til she got back to Geelong so I could see her whenever I wanted to.

Willow was big for her gestation! My daughter was born at 30w due to chorioamnionitis (infection of the uterus) and spent only 4w in the Womens. she breathed on her own from day dot, which i was stoked about. Our premmies are extra special