thread: Absolute essentials for baby!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    Perth
    3,268

    Re: Absolute essentials for baby!

    I'd get some Swaddles- either old fashioned kind or modern zip/velcro etc ones. Also-

    Nappies - disposable or modern cloth nappies.

    Wipes. I use cloth wipes. Either just with water or coconut oil.

    Old fashioned cloth nappies. Like the little white towels. They are excellent all-rounders. I keep some beside my bed, in car, in pram, in nappy bag. Good to clean up vomit, exploda-poos, spilt anything, place over change tables in public toilets, use as a bib, etc.

    Wouldn't bother with formula or bottles if you are serious about giving BF a go.

  2. #2
    Mickstar Guest

    Re: Absolute essentials for baby!

    Thanks!

    My partner and I have decided to not get a bassinet, we seem to think it's a waste, and we prefer bubs in the cot anyway.

    And I realise nappies and wipes are essential but wasn't really thinking of them at the moment, more for later down the track. I should have been more specific about that though, sorry!

    Again, thanks for the ideas and such!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    Re: Absolute essentials for baby!

    We used a bassinet for the second but not the first. It was free and allowed us to put off the move to the big bed for a while, but didn't last long as I have huge babies and DD2 outgrew it very fast.

    I was a pretty minimalist mum, this was my list of stuff:
    Cot and cot sheets (first baby slept with us for first 13 weeks)
    64 MCNs, 75 cloth wipes, snappies, covers, liners etc
    5 singlets and 4 wondersuits
    Car seat
    BABY CARRIER - I loved my Close Caboo for the early days, then swapped to an Ergo
    8 muslin wraps
    Nappy bag with nappy wallet
    Breast pads
    Bouncy chair/rocker
    Pram (not an essential but I really wanted one

    I didn't have a steriliser as I never sterilised anything. A few dummies, but we just did them on the stovetop. Didn't need it taking up bench space!

    I think that's about it.

  4. #4
    Mickstar Guest

    Re: Absolute essentials for baby!

    I was just going to do it over the stovetop too but my sister insisted that I needed a steriliser to make things easier lol.

  5. #5
    Mickstar Guest

    Re: Absolute essentials for baby!

    Baby is due late May early June.
    I was told to start off with 29th of May, then just this week, I've been told 4th of June...