Thread: Angelcare Sound and Movement Monitor

Question Angelcare Sound and Movement Monitor

Just wondering if anyone has one of these and can help me out? I have poured over the manual and can't find the answer. We have been having a few false alarms over the last week or so and it is sooo scary. Each time DD has been fine but in a deep sleep so I assume her breathing pattern is upsetting the monitor. I read the manual and decided to adjust the sensitivity to a higher setting but I am not sure if 1 or 5 is the highest! I have got it on 5 currently and there have been no false alarms since then. Now I read on the net that if you set it too high the monitor will pick up other movements as well like fans etc. I love this monitor and it's only been in the last week we've had some false alarms, never before. Does anyone know if 1 or 5 is the highest sensitivity?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a fan or something in that room that you need to consider?

What I did with ours when I had to figure out the sensitivity is I put the ceiling fan on and then put the monitor on and left the room. If the alarm went off, I turned it one way to the next number and tried again. That way you'll figure out which end is sensitive. HTH

I am not 100% sure but I think 5 is the highest sensitivity, so if its on 5 then its really sensitive. Maybe you could try testing it without your DD in the bed to see if its picking up other thing like fans. I test our monitor often like this.

We have false alarms on our monitor when the blankets are tucked under too much, not sure of your situation but thought I would mention it.

I just checked mine & it's on 3. So not much help sorry!
    Those false alarms are horrible!

Mine is on three also. I just don't use the fan because I don't want it registering as movement.

Could you contact the manufacturer and ask their advice?

That's a good point about contacting the manufacturer. Just reminded me when Moo was really little we had a run of false alarms, ended up getting it replaced as it had a fault. If you keep having problems take it back.