Thread: baby capsule - the base only was in a car accident...

Default baby capsule - the base only was in a car accident...

so I got run into today - this guy failed to give way & ran into the side of me. Luckily bubs (6.5 months) wasn't into the car, nor was the Unity Baby Capsule that we have. Only the base of the baby capsule was in the car. Now I know they say you should always replace baby capsules/easts in a car crash - and I can have it replaced through my insurance. But we're 99% sure it's fine - it had no load on it (i.e. neither baby nor capsule) nor did it get a direct hit. BUT, we could get it replaced free of charge... but then going and getting a new one is a hassle too!

But on the flip side, if I ever want to sell it, I think the fact even part of it has been in a crash is not great.

Any thoughts?

Give the RACV a call &/or your insurance company to get advice. Even you mechanic should be able to you an idea of what to do.
    Make sure you get the seatbelt that holds the capsule checked when you get it fixed as it might get overlooked.
    It's best to be over cautious and told no than to find out down the track you should have gotten something checked.
    I hope you were not hurt in any way.

Ring safe n sound and talk to them, they have a crash exchange thingy.

hey rivlas & sweetpea - thanks for the suggestions. I know we're not eligible for the Britax exchange scheme (it has to be a worse crash - plus I can do it through insurance anyways)... but I'm checking with them re the safety aspect. The insurance company doesn't want to give me any advice on whether it's safe or not (cos of potential liability I'd guess!??!).

And I'm absolutely fine, thank you

We have 2 safe n sound seats and the instruction manuals says if any part is involved ina crash to ditch it...

So I would say go for a new one!

Hey Belfie, if it is any help, I spoke to Babies Galore a few weeks ago and asked how much the base is seperately. They called Britax and told me $129. So it is cheaper than buying the whole capsulae again and you only need that part.