Thread: Baby market at caulfield

Default Baby market at caulfield

Just wondering if anyone has been to this market before?
    Is it indoors or outdoors?
    Does it get so busy that it is hard to push a pram?

OMG!!! I love it - when is it??? Not that I need anything. You can definitely take a pram and it is indoors. The best thing is to take bubs in a sling and take a trolley or something as it can get busy and it can be hard to get in and see things. I normally go with a friend and leave the kids at home but it would be good to go with a friend anyway to share the load.

I haven't been to the Caulfield one, but am tossing up whether or not to go this Sunday!

I have been to a thousand of the other ones LOL! It is definitely indoors. I wouldn't recommend bringing a pram unless you arrive much later than when it starts. I used to wear DD in the Ergo. Now I just leave her at home with DH, yay! But yes, if you arrive at 9am, it will get very pushy.

I've heard the Caulfield one is meant to be good. I just don't know if I can be bothered driving out that way! I went to the Berwick one last weekend with a friend and found some great stuff. I LOVE finding clothes for the kids!

Let me know if you are definitely going, it might convince me to go after all haha!

Nai - its this Sunday from 9 till 1

Trish - would you believe I'm still having trouble with my HAB... if I need to use it at the market it might force me to get used to it in the next few days!

Slightly off topic, but what age did you put DD in the ergo?

About 3 1/2 - 4 months Kellie. How annoying that you're still having probs with the HAB! You can get an insert for your Ergo for your DS while he's still little. The new ones are called Heart to Heart and are heaps better than the older style one they had. Don't know if you really want to spend the extra $$$ though!

ETA - You could probably still bring a pram to the market, lots of people do, but I reckon you'll find it hard to get through the crowds!

Default Baby market at caulfield

Thanks trish. Don't think I'd bother with the insert now as he is close to the age of not needing it. Maybe I'll give him a go in it now

I have been to the Caufield one, personally I prefer the others that have been to (Camberwell/Hawthorn - used to be at Camberwell and now at Hawthorn) the Caufield one I found too busy (I left DD at home, I would def recommend a sling). Depends what you want, if you want large items, pram, bouncer, cot etc you need to get there when it opens, but if you just want clothes there is so much stuff that is a more pleasant experience to go later on when has calmed down IMHO. This one on Sunday is also a Boys one, (there is always more girls stuff than boys so they have ones where there are a number or all stalls for people selling boys stuff only) I like the boys one because although I have a DD I like to pick up darker colours for daycare, the park, dragging herself round on floor at home. I think there are getting to be too many "professional" stalls at these events e.g. people selling new clothes or seconds they have bought elsewhere - whereas I want the real second hand cheap stuff - but am sure some people like these other stalls. Some items are not that discounted (e.g. Grobags) even if second hand, so I would check out new prices if there are specific items you are interested in - just so you know where you are with items.

i wasnt too happy with the caulfield one only because it was mega busy and like wysiwyg mentioned a few too many 'professional' stalls rather than mums and dads selling off stuff they no longer need. i have always love the hawthorn ones and will be trying the coburg one in mid august.

if you can leave bubs at home i would lol! although i have done AOK with both prams and carriers. just gotta be pushy lol!