Thread: Baby monitors... Wtf?

Question Baby monitors... Wtf?

So a while back i bought 2 new baby monitors.. both have 1 base and 2 listening devices.

1 base is in DD1's room the other in DD2's we have 2 listening devices in our room (opposite sides) and 1 each in the lounge and kitchen.

During the day the listening devices are turned OFF and when i remember i turn the bases off in the girls rooms.

Yesterday in the kitchen i heard a bit of a crackle noise, the lights flicked on the listening device then it went back to normal.. no issue!

Last night i got to bed turned DD1's on and there is a screaching noise.. hmm damn it so i go to put the listening device on for DD2's room, seems ok til i move and then all static coming through it.

So i switch channels on DD1's to listen to DD2's no screaching noise, try the same with DD2's but still a screaching noise coming from DD1's room?
    Put them BOTH back to listen to DD2's room they seem ok so i turn off 1 and just leave hers on.. DP wakes me up at 3am.. DD2's crying but it's not coming through???

Now i'm in the kitchen, getting slight static listening into DD2's room and every now and then there is like a click or a small noise but nothing else.. waiting for her to wake to see if it's working properly... what is going on?

Surely they BOTH wouldn't die or play up at exactly the same time... maybe my house is haunted????
    There are no new electrical devices, nothing has been moved in their rooms or mine, i just can't explain it?

It could be from your neighbours, from your mobile phones, from interferring with each other... lol

I am assuming that when you changed the channel you changed the receiving channel on the handsets aswell?

I didn't change the receiving chanel as they have a chanel each IYKWIM.. DD1 is A and DD2 is B.
    My mobile is in the same place it is every night and we have never had an issue, there are no chargers plugged in in our room or near the girls rooms.
    we don't actually have neighbours so i'm not sure anything outside the property could be contributing... i really have no idea.

Just heard the little 'click' again hmmmmm still no noise from DD2... i guess i can understand if there was an issue with 1 of them but not both at the same time.. damn electronics... so complicated...

Thanks for replying hun... i might try switching the channels around.. DD2 to A and DD1 to B.. see if that makes a difference.

I swear there is a ghost that only haunts baby monitors to mess with our heads!

Good luck Charlotte's used to do some CRAZY stuff.

or maybe you are receiving signals from ufo's
    sorry, I'm not much help!

Thanks ladies, i'm in shock, haven't heard a peep from DD2 and she went to bed at 9.. WTF thats sooo not normal, going to check on her AGAIN... pmsl.

*shakes fist at technology*

Went in and she's rolled over but still asleep, might have been caus we went swimming last night.. did't stop her 3am feed though.. damn kid..

Sings: Stalkidy stalk.... *messes with ZF's receivers a bit more* mwahhhahaha

Do you live near power lines or an electrical substation or anything? They can interfer with and actually wreak baby monitors. We have gone through 4 different baby monitors and reciever since moving into this house and it is because of the interference of the power lines and the electrical substation in the surburb across from us.

Yeah, maybe they are slowly 'wearing out'. But both sets at the same time? There has nothing changed in your DD's rooms or the house in general? Weird.

Have turned everything off for a rest, will switch around the stations tonight and see what happens.

Good Luck! Hope you figure out what it is!