Thread: Baby Neck/Head Support

Question Baby Neck/Head Support

Hi all,

Do you really need a baby Neck/Head support when in a baby capsule or pram etc.?

Can babies do without them or is it necessary to keep their heads from flopping?

Thanks!

I would also like to know peoples thoughts on this question as i've been wondering myself.

In a pram they would have to be lying flat unti old enough to raise up a little. Some prams have a bassinette for this reason. In a capsule or in a car seat - it is a gentle incline so I wouldnt think so. Inever used a capsule and had a nicely padded car seat that supported her though. Some prams also come with a u-shaped pillowy thing to support them!
    HtH!

Our carseat has head support which was needed as she'd flop around too much otherwise. The support can be removed, so I have took some of it out when she started sit up. I also found the padding in the seat helped her to actually fit in the seat properly too.

With the pram, we didnt have a head support in the pram to begin with. I did end up getting one form another BB member. It was one of those U shaped pillows that you can put the pram straps through and it was great. The pram was quite large so as a tiny newborn she'd just roll around and end up sideways as the straps didnt do up tight enough to actually hold her in place. The U shaped thing helped to just hold her in the one spot and she looked more comfortable with it.

Thanks girls!!
    Looks like it is worthwhile investing in one, esp. in the car and if there's sharp turn etc.