thread: Baby slips down in Amby hammock?

Feb 2007
    VICTORIA

Baby slips down in Amby hammock?

I have just bought an Amby baby hammock off ebay but DS slips down in the Amby hammock when we use it? Does anyone else have this problem? Am I putting him too far down to begin with?

Also do you wrap your bub in the hammock? Is there any product to keep him in the middle?
    Thanks,

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

i wrapped DS in there, didnt have a probelm with him slipping down though, maybe cos he was a heavy baby though

Feb 2007
    VICTORIA

OK
    Thanks Ray ray... will continue to wrap him too!

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2005

i have a miyo hammock, it says to put the babys head as far up to the back as possible. i wrap DD when she is in it too. the thing i worry about though is the risk of suffocating or SIDS cause the sides of the matress snuggle up to the side of her face when she is in it. anyone else find that?

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

hollo im not sure but the hospital I had DS used them there. im sure they wouldnt if they didnt meet sids guidelines. I will look for some pics of milo in his I know we have them and you can see how he sat/lay in it

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

With the Amby hammock... does he sit at the end with his toes close to the end? or does he sit in the middle? or the head at the top?

I found the Amby hammock didn't have enough of a curve for DD2, so we took some ties and tied the sides up closer to the base to make more of a C curve. Because of DD2's reflux issues we put a wheat bag at the base of the hammock (at the end near the toes) under the mattress.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2005

that would be great ray ray, thanks.

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2007
    In my own little world.

I didnt have that problem with my amby hammock, and DD was only 2.8kg when she first went in there.

You can buy a snuggle to help little babies stay on their back in the middle. Amby sells them. I think the directions for using the hammock say to place bubs in the middle of the base with their hips underneath the frame at the top of the sling.

Do you have the head end raised too much?

I wrapped DD in her hammock till she came out of it at 7months. (wrapped her for another month or so after that too)

Feb 2007
    ACT

My instuctions say place baby with head as close to the top as possible, i did find bub slid down a bit but to far, she started in hers at 8 weeks, thats when I brought it and stayed there till 8 months.