Thread: Best height for a change table???

Default Best height for a change table???

Me again!!! (do I have frequent posters points for this forum yet? tehehe).

Ok so I'm puzzled. My dear dad made both my sis's lovely change tables, and I have the offer of receiving one. I've been sent the measurements & a pic (it's currently interstate). But my sis informs me that she got it made higher than usual, as she'd read that was better from an OH&S point of view. That's all well and good, but I'm actually shorter than she is.... so dear dad has offered to re-finish it (colour has faded/dated somewhat) OR make me a new one (lucky am i). But i don't really know what would be best in terms of height . I'm 5"2' (on a good day... ok mebbe closer to 5"1'). DH is 6"4'. The current table on offer is 90cm to the top shelf (and 101cm to the top rails). When I checked the Boori site, height was 100cm at highest point, change top 80cm high. The Kingparrot one was 99cm high (not sure if that's change top or highest point). I haven't checked any other brands, but assume these would be roughly kinda standard??

So what do you lovely ladies find works? Err on the side of taller? or shorter? What worked for you and what didn't? Should I be selfish and tailor to my height, or factor in the height of DH (who even tho it's our first, ISN'T squeamish and he does work from home, so reasonable chance of high nappy involvement! ).

TIA!!!!

I would probably go higher rather than shorter but the short one might be perfect for you! that wasn't much help I know!!

I changed my DD in the car the other day - she was laying in the boot and my back KILLED me after doin git so anything low is no good. Mind you a normal change table height will be fine.

Who will be doing more of the changing? If it's you then choose the one you want!

Hi belfie

That is such a nice present.

I would go with higher, if you find it is too high for you, just get one of those kiddie steps - believe me once you have one you find a use for it everywhere - and the little fella will too down the track for the sink, toilet, up-to-no-good ....

I agree with jordie - bending over really hurts when you do it repeatedly like with nappy changes, so I am sure your hubby would appreciate the taller height too.

Yup bending over kills your back. But ours is level with my belly, so at the moment DS is having GREAT fun kicking me in the guts all the time when changing. Not pleasant.. lol
    Oh and I'm only 5'5 so I'm a shorty as well..

~Belinda~ Guest

I actually bought a set of baby drawers (Sunbury range) (90cm in height) and a change mat goes on top of it, it's great and exactly the right height! Now I can use the drawers down the track too!!!