Thread: Bugaboo Cameleon

Default Bugaboo Cameleon

Hi girls,

Just a quick one for you all - does anyone have a bugaboo cameleon?

When I do fall pregnant it's the pram I think I want, but wanted to hear any pros and cons from anyone who has one!

Thanks in advance.

Sahbear

hi - we have one and love it. have used it for both boys!
    only con was that it doesnt convert to a double... and ds1 was too young for the skateboard when DS2 arrived. but it has had so much use anyway...
    pros - too many to name! both boys have loved it, it is good on all terrains we have used it, easyt op use once you know how (some ppl dopnmt like thaty it is in 2 bits but i have found it ok), basket is ok size - though not going to carry heaps on there...
    it looks good too...
    it isnt cheap as you would know but has been a great buy for us - we have used it for 2 kids and will still be able to resell it for some $$ in a little while.

Default Bugaboo Cameleon

Yep, we've got one and love it too! It's a good comfy option for you little one, lightweight, with decent suspention, good on most terrains, durable. I love that you can have baby facing you or away from you, and the adjustable height handle is great as I'm a shorty and DH is quite tall. The basket underneath is a great size but it's really bad to access when you have the basinette on. The seat covers can all be easily removed and washed too. I love the stability of having 4 wheels.

The only downsides we've found are: there's a bit of a technique to putting it up and down which seems to completely stump the grandparents! It's bulky when collapsed, to the point that we've now bought a maclaren to chuck in the car and take on trips, and the accessories are soooo expensive (although I do love my drinks holder, $50 does seem ridiculous to me.

If I had my time again, it's still what I would choose, even though it is on the expensive side, it's worth it I think.

We have brought one for our bubba and I looooooooooove it already can't wait till he/she is here so I can use it... There are soo many accessories for it now also!!!

Though I would look on ebay if you are trying to get one budgetwise as alot of the ones on there are in good condition.. We got ours new with Limited edition Paul Frank toppings for 1799 on special! Look around and barter with the baby shops if you are buying new thats what we did

I love ours! It was the perfect choice for us for all the reasons the others have said. I particularly like that it comes apart in 2 peices. I have to keep the pram in the car because I can't get it to the front door. Because the seat is separate I can buckle DS into it while it is in the back of the car. While he's safely tucked in there I can then unfold the frame and then just put the seat on with him in it. My neighbours all have to put their bubs into their car seat while they get their pram out, the bug just makes life so much easier for me. Can't recommend it highly enough!

We have one and it's ok. I wouldn't buy it again, mainly because it's so expensive and in hindsight not worth the money.

Pro's:
    - looks good,
    - easy to steer,
    - bassinette is a good size,
    - seems to be well made.
    - can have the seat on either way; so bub is facing you or not and it's still easy to steer
    - comes with maintainence kit
    - DS seems to like it

Con's:
    - when the seat is upright it's too vertical, DS is forever sliding forward,
    - the seat only has 3 positions- laying down, bolt upright and one about half way between the 2.
    - the basket is annoying and too small/ hard to get things into,
    - the rain cover is a bit of a PITA
    - cant hang much of a bag on the handle bar as it will fall over
    - the 2 seperate parts can be annoying, if you want to get on a bus for example. Cant collapse it without major effort (impossible on your own) meaning you have to wait for one of the low buses with handicap facilities
    - we have to put the frame in the car first, due to our small boot, which means the seat has to go on the dirty ground. Yuk.
    - accessories are REALLY exxy- the hood and seat cover sets are $200+, hate to think what it'll cost if we need a new tyre or something.

in hindsight we should've got the McLarren for 1/3 the price. Dont tell DF I said that though...

Thanks girls for the great information!!!

Thank goodness i have a while to decide - i got a BFP on friday, but not quite believing it, as it was one of those early ones - so trying to hold out until the end of the week!

Cheers,

Sahbear

Congratulations hon! How exciting! Have you done another test?

Not yet Miss E! Im trying to hold off. im scared it isnt an actual true positive!

I'd do another test, pretty unlikely that you'd get a false positive.

Congrats! good luck with your decision.

Hold out buying a cameleon for now.... Bugaboo will release a double (called the donkey) in Europe spring (2011). No word yet on release dates in australia but this looks awesome. Can have it as a single and the add to it for baby number two.

congrats!!!

Hmmm, not really sure i like the donkey? Seems very bulky and what is with that weird carrier part when you only have one seat in?

I love my cameleon, though it takes up a lot of room in the boot when you are using the bassinet attachment. Good luck with your positive test!