Thread: CAPSULES- safe n sound older style or newer version (Unity?)

Default CAPSULES- safe n sound older style or newer version (Unity?)

Hi, we have the older style safe n sound capsule from when DD was born 3 yrs ago but have been considering getting the newer style, I think it's called "unity"?

Just wondering what other peoples experiences have been, especially if any of you have owned both the older style & the newer version.

Just so you know, our capsule is the one with the seat belt, not the really old style with the velcro (my sister had that one which is how I know there's an even older version)

Thanks

You will need to look on the back to check your older capsule has not expired. There will be a dial with the years on it and a mark against one of them to show when the capsule is too old to be safe.

I don't know anything about the new capsules, but we used our old one again and found it to be just as good as the first time.

If it has a 5 point harness I would think that it would be fine hun. The ones that are hired out from council etc are the old style with the 5 point harness. Maybe have a look and compare!

ETA - I just googled Unity to see what it looked like and the baby bunting page has both the old style and the newer style ones hun. The old style is fine, the newer style clicks into a certain type of pram and looks fancier but as far as capsules go I would stick with your old one if that's what you have. I am going to be hiring one and it looks exactly like the old style safe n sound one. Hth!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; June 2nd, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

the big difference is how you secure to the car and also that the unity which i have just brought will be picking up this weekend. Takes the baby to 12 kilos where as the older style only goes to 9. That was my big reason to buy it and also that i dont have to lift it so high to put in the car.

hope this helps.