Thread: childcare easy n lite packaway travel cot set up instructions?

Question childcare easy n lite packaway travel cot set up instructions?

Hi all

I've been given one of these portacots by a friend of a friend, but no instructions. I tried tonite to set it up, I can open it up but it won't seem to stay 'up'...it keeps collapsing in on itself. The I tried to pack it away to try again later, and now it won't fold up!!
    I don't want to force it incase I break it...
    Does anyone have one of these and can let me know how to set it up/fold it away?
    Or if there is some instructions (preferably with pics hehehe) online, could post a link to them?
    Thanks!

i have put up a couple of portacots and they all kida have the same sorta mechanics i found that wehn putting the porta cot up pull up the sides til they lock in place once all four side are pulled up flatten the bottom. To put them away pull up the bottom and then there should be a button or something a way to release the sides so that they collapse if that doesnt work then i dont kno sorry

Ta...yeah I tried to pull the sides up into place but won't stay locked into place, then wen I tried to fold it back up it will only get halfway folded....maybe its stuffed.
    I don't wanna force it incase it breaks.

Nah, it won't be stuffed. They are just temprimental until you work out the right combination to put it up/down.

Does it have a twisty lock thing in the base? This needs to be unlocked whilst you are putting the sides up. Sometimes it takes awhile to work out lock/unlock.

Normally, you don't want base flat until all sides are up. All the feet kinda sitting close together whilst the sides click in and then you push the base down and twist the lock thing in the middle.

When packing up, you do the opposite, turn the twisty thing and bring the middle of the base up really high which bring the feet together and then the sides should unlock. If the sides aren't all unlocking, try bringing the base up higher.

Forcing the sides doesn't work (i tried that!) but pulling the base up higher should unlock whatever it is that's stopping the sides clicking.

If you can get someone to help it might be easier.

Good luck

Kate ur a genius!!
    When putting it up I was flattening the base first (seems logical LOL) and the sides wouldn't click, did the sides 1st then the base like you said and it worked!
    Then to pack away pulled base up first and sides came down...well 3 of them, one of them is really hard I think its a bit stuffed. But closer to packed up anyway! Cheers!
    HANG ON! I got it yayyyy! Put up the buggery side again and unclicked it and its now back in its bag...I showed that cot good!!
    Last edited by tattoo_mama; March 19th, 2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: worked it out! woohoo!

Ha ha, i have just been through the same thing trying to get em to stay up or get down.

Glad you got it worked out.

Yep, it's the floor going down last that gets everyone LOL! I have had so many people tell me their portacot is faulty because of that! It's a universal thing for all portacots, it's a safety thing so that your little one can't collapse the sides of the cot while they're in it