thread: Cot Mattress

Jan 2011

Cot Mattress

Deciding what type of mattress to buy for the cot we are getting. There are two options, one is Latex and the other Spring. I think the Latex is meant to be be the "premium" option.

Does anyone have either? What have you found to be better? Do they make a difference for the baby's sleep/support etc?

Jan 2011

Sorry both are spring, one just has an extra layer of latex.

Apr 2006
    Perth

My kids have always had inner spring - just bought a new one for DD3 - so have no experience of latex for kids. Only thing I will say though is that we have a latex mattress on our bed and oh my it generates heat!! I'm usually a pretty cold sleeper - have always had the heaviest doona and an extra blanket with electric blanket through winter - but with the latex mattress I often end up having to throw everything off but the sheet and still sweat, even with the cool top we bought to go on it. Its incredibly comfortable though. Not sure if it would be the same for tiny little bodies but something to bear in mind.

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

Yeah, was going to say what LuluHB said, we have a latex mattress & the bed is very warm, sometimes hot.