Thread: Cot Recommendation ?

Default Cot Recommendation ?

Can anyone recommend a really good cot that you've had a good experience with? Some people talk about cots and furniture smelling and being of perhaps less than good quality, so I was wondering which one would you recommend ?

i have a boori cot which I love. used it for DS, converted it to a bed, and now back to a cot to use for this bub. They are expensive though. Mine was abround $550 when I bought 4 years ago and now its closer to $800

We bought the babyco heritage collection cot, it's been good. The new design is one that converts to toddler bed, wish we had that.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Boori love it well made expensive but you get what you pay for.

we have sleight cot and it goes cot to toddler bed to couch
    Last edited by feeb; March 26th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.

We love our Boori. We have the 4 in 1 which goes from a cot to toddler bed to double bed. It was a bit pricey but worth every cent and will last forever.

I bought the cot on sale at the baby shop - no idea what brand it was and it is great! The way I looked at it was that there are not too many things they can do with a cot to separate them all when you take into consideration that the safety standards must be met to actually be on the market. (except of course the ones that convert to a bed - that sounds cool!) I could of course be wrong, but I think our cot is fine.

No problems, no smell, no regrets!

we bought boori furniture for it's reputation and for the fact that the style of furniture we have in our house (mostly antique looking) just wasn't really available in other brands. it is one that converts to a toddler bed and couch later on. we got matching chest of drawers (no smell at all though some have mentioned that theirs has) and an undercot drawer which we will store spare linen in....

Kingparrot are the same company, but they are simpler cots and i believe less expensive

i think you could get away with almost anything as long as it meets Au standards - but i liked the look and that's what i went for! call me superficial if you must, but reputation and "purddiness" made us choose what we chose. we bought it all together with pram and things at same time, so got a huge discount....

Boori sleigh cot here. matching Matilda chest with changetable also.

Good Luck with your decision.

We have a kingparrot cot and chest of drawers here. No smell. Excellent quality. As BG said, it's the same company as Boori, but things are just a little less fancy and less expensive.

BW

We have a Chelsea Cot from Target. It's great. You can buy a kit that converts it to a toddler bed.

We have the kingparrot cot too - love it!! Great quality without the hefty price tag

We have the kingparrot and are VERY happy with it. About $400 if I remember about 2 years ago.

We've bought Boori too - Paddington 3 in 1 cot, change table, bookshelf and drawer set. Love it!!

We have the Childcare Modena which I have really liked. We got it coz it looked different to mosts - more modern. It got chrome side rails, dark wood and white paint on the top of the rails. Converts to a toddler bed but haven't done that DD has skipped straight to a big bed.

We have a Kingparrot Alice cot here and love it. No smells or anything either. I paid about $300 nearly 2 years ago,they are now around $400 or $500 since everything went up recently.

We have a Boori sleigh cot too. They are expensive but so worth every cent, it converts to a toddler bed and we've had ours for 4 years, 2 children so far. We are getting the new bub a less expensive cot (can't afford $1,000+ this time) because we want DS to stay in the Boori which we'll convert to a toddler bed for him soon.