Thread: Cot thing?????

Default Cot thing?????

A quick question. I am thinking a fair way down the track when the baby comes home and am concerned she will be too little to go in the cot. Besides bassinettes and moses baskets etc, is there something that goes in the cot that supports them? Kind of like a bassinette or mattress thing that sits in the cot? IYKWIM sorry I can't explain it and of course don't know the name of it. If any one know what I'm talking about any help would be great!

Thanks

I used them, and mine I *think* was a Tetri bed?? Snuggle bed?? They are little beds that go in the cot, and I love them. Someone here will know a better name i'm sure... They are only about $80 and last around the 4 month mark....

Purplemamma is right - they are claled a snugglebed and I think it's called Tetrior Tetra!! As far as I know thought they are more expensive - my girlfriend just picked on up off the internet for $110 and that was cheap. I've seen them in Big W too. Maybe you could get one off Ebay.

fantastic, thanks so much I'll be able to look them up now!

eej - I found some in ebay - second hand they range in price and found a seller that sells the Tetra ones for $130 .... I'd go to a baby shop and get prices just so you know where your being ripped off.
    Friends of ours have just put their bub straight into the cot, they wrap it up in a tight muslin wrap and apparently she doesn't move all night.
    Another option wound be to surround bub with pillows to stop her from rolling etc?

Nae x x

Yep, they're called a Tetra Snuggle Bed. You can also buy them from Big W (they may be cheaper there?). I put my bub straight into his cot when he was a newborn and he was fine. I kept him wrapped in a muslin wrap and he was nice and snug.

they are under $100 at big w from memory

Yep, tetra snuggle bed, we had one with DD and loved it. My DH loved it so much that he wants to buy a new one (threw old one out) for this bub. I didn't know they were at Big W though, thanks girls, will see if I can find one.
    We have also seen another one that's similiar, I can't remember what it is exactly called, something like sleep eezy or sleep ez bed? It was around the $70-$80 mark, thought it looks like it wouldn't breathe as much as the tetra one does. Will see if I can go and track down the name on the net for you

Nic

My mum checked out Big W for me the other day and she said they were $118 there.
    I just found them by accident on the babymall website for $109.95 including post!
    Can't find the name of the other bed I was talking about though. will keep looking just in case someone else reads this in the future

Nic

I can't remember what they're called but safe n sound make them they're two rolls joined by a stretch of fabric which is adjustable with Velcro. Baby lies on the fabric and the rolls sit either side of the body to stop baby moving around in bed. I got mine at big w and they were between $20 and $30. I used for both my children, as my daughter decided to wriggle down and out of her wrap the first night we had her home. I woke to a smothered cry hit panic and rang the midwife who suggested the roll thing sorry can't remember name. This would be good for a baby that moves around alot.
    Best of luck with it!

they have sound sleepers @ kmart also for about $60. Its like a mini bed that has a light in it that u can put in cot or in between parents when in their bed and can be taken on holidays etc.

hey you can also get a cradle type thing that hangs in the cot its called a cariboo. it mobile too if go away you can get a mobile stand that folds.

I just happened to be looking at the babies galore web site so ill post the page here for you.

Babies Galore - Shop Online for Children Aged 0 - 2