Thread: Double pram, whats your recommendation.

Default Double pram, whats your recommendation.

So we are still trying to work out what double to buy. I like the idea of the inline ones as ds wont always be in the pram so i like the idea that i can take the second seat off if i only have 1 child. For now i like the strider but its so big an bulky and im not sure if it will fit in the car. Any other recommendations? Im running out of time lol.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

We have Phil and Ted Dash, really like it easy to get seat on and off, and can be used with just 1 seat.

Phil & Ted's all the way!! :-)

We have the sport and I love it!

Another Phil & Teds user here, we have the Sport

the thing i love about tthe strider is the the seats are easily removed. dnt know what car u have but a friend of mine could fit hers into the back of an older style lancer with both seats.

we have the strider plus, we love it, yeh its a bit wide but thats my only complaint with it

Im not sure that im sold on the phil and teds. how do you go with the baby in the bottom when its sunny as the bottom seat has no hood?

I've just always used a sheet or something similar. Never had an issue with that really, never thought too much about it to be honest, just did what I had to.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was just wondering with the phil and teds, do you need to move the child in the bottom seat out before you remove the child in the top seat? i have heard that the p&t is very unstable in this regard.

Yes you do, and they do tell you this in the instruction manual about how the heavier child goes in the top first and and comes out last, but your little one wouldn't be in the bottom seat till at least 6 months of age if not longer.

Thanks muminalice, ds is currently just over 13kg so which seat would he sit in and where would the newborn go? Im trying to get my head around the p&t as it may need to be an option for us as we dont have alot of boot space. I know that our strider 3 takes up most of our boot so i am assuming the strider plus will be the same and we wont have the backseat space that we have now to put thing in. Decisions decisions.....

yeah that's why I didn't get the strider plus, and the fact it was expensive! The main pram goes completely flat for the newborn an dthe toddler seat fits in front of that. When the bub is ready to sit up, the toddler seat goes down the back and the bub goes in that. having the heaviest child at the front maintains the stability.

We have the strider plus and it's great. What kind of car do you have? We have a wrx and the plus fits in there. I do have to remove the main seat and put the frame/bottom seat in first and then put main seat on top which is no biggy really.

I find the strider really stable. I can leave DD on the bottom seat with the top seat empty and it won't tip. Don't know how it will go when she gets bigger though. However by then she will probably move to the main seat as DS won't want to be in the pram. Or if we have a third I'm thinking of getting the capsule for it and she will stay in the bottom seat so I guess it's designed to hold a toddler. I believe both seat limits are 15kg each (could be more not entirely sure).

The seats are easily removable and I also like how DD can still look up and see me. The strider plus was also cheaper than the P&T.

We have a toyota corolla hatch back. We have a strider 3 at the moment that we used for ds when he was smaller. It fit in there no problems, we just did the same as you and folded the frame and put the seat on top. My main worry is that it took up most of the boot and i couldn't really fit anything in there so we used to put most of our shopping etc on the backseat which with a second car seat wont be an issue. Dh keeps telling me its not going to be that much of an issue as we will still have room in the footwell etc for nappy bag etc and we usually do our shopping together anyway so we prob wont need a pram at all as we can sling the baby and ds will sit in the trolley. We also have a baby jogger city mini which we will keep so can put bubs in there if we really need a pram. DS doesn't really like the pram that much as it is but there are times that i just need him in the pram and therefore we have decided to buy a double.

I had a mazda 3 sedan and a 4 wheeled strider, and i to had to take the seat out to fit it in and it took up a lot of space. So I got the phil n teds sport second hand off ebay for $510. You can get really good deals from online baby shops as well.

Ah yeah we do the same. I can't fit groceries in the boot with the pram although I wouldn't do grocery shopping with the pram as I need a trolley to fit it all in. Not gonna juggle pram and trolley! Since DD was born I do my main groceries online and the pram gets used for walks and for light shops (bread, milk, etc). I can fit about 2 green bags in the boot with the pram. Otherwise it goes in the footwells.

Well we have a strider plus on order, decision made. Just barely fits in the car but we have decided on a bigger car so hopefully we will get that before ds2 is born so it wont be an issue. If we dont then we will just have to make do with no boot. Tried the p&t but our legs kept hitting the bottom seat when we walked so not an option for us. Yay happy that decision is made!