Thread: Gro Bag Egg......

Default Gro Bag Egg......

Hi,
    Has anyone used a GroBag Egg....
    if so, I'd like to know if the light is strong enough to double as a night light?

=)

Nell, my GF has one and she loves it. It could be used as a night light but it is very dim. They aren't that expensive and a good idea if you are unsure how hot/cold the room is.

hehe, two totally ooposite opinions....now I'm really confused! Thanks girls lol =)

We have one and we use it as a night light. Thats why we got it actually and its just a bonus that its a thermometer as well. The red light is not too bright, but the yellow is good. Yellow is when the temp is meant to be perfect. Have a look on ebay. I saw one there not long ago for $20 while I was looking for something else. I saw one last week in a baby store and it was $60! so you could get yourself a bargain if there are any on ebay.

Sorry but I too thought $60-$70 was a waste of money too. I would rather spend my money on a baby monitor that has a night light.
    I bought a night light for Charlie's room from target for $12, then I read that bubs doesn't need a night light, we create their fear of darkness by putting it on for them as a little bubs. So I have it plugged in, if I need to go & check on him quick I just pop the hall light on. If I'm in the room with him for some reason I just turn on the one I have plugged in & off again when he is settled. Anywho that's just my 2cents worth. I think first time around we get caught up in lots of things etc...but end up wasting way too much money on things that are not needed. IMO an expensive nightlight/room therm is one of those things.

I wanted to buy one mainly for peace of mind of the temperature and being able to walk past his room and see the temp without having to go in. I ummed and arred about it for ages, in the end a group of our friends bought it for us as a baby present. I find it very dull in the yellow (ideal temp) colour.

Thanks everyone..... =)

I have a Tomy monitor that has a night light and it also displays the room temperature on the babies and the parents units.
    Perhaps something like this could me more practical, I got it for $100 on special at Target.

We have one and DH initially thought it was a waste of space but quickly became a bit attached to it like me.

It does throw off some light, but if I need to search for a dummy in his cot or something like that then I use the nightlight that came on top of the baby monitor. So if it is a nightlight you are after, the grobag egg probably wouldn't do the trick, especially if the room is really cold and the egg is blue.

I wouldn't have spent my own money on an Egg, but used a gift voucher because a friend loved hers and I thought it looked cool. And I absolutley love it. Yes, its a gimmick, but it is so easy to walk past his room in a very sleepy state and know whether it is too hot or too cold. We have such big temperature changes here though so we actually use it. Not much point if the weather doesn't change much from one day to the next where you are living.