thread: Have you done this with a car capsule?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Member

    Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia
    3,003

    We bought second hand, and it was perfect.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2010
    588

    I got a baby seat that lasted my DD1 until she was 4 and now DD2 has been in it for two years and this next bub will use it too! I'd say we have got our money's worth.
    My hubby buys second hand car seats and seems fine with it, and I trust him to check it properly before he uses it.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    Riding it out...
    4,959

    I haven't read all the replies sorry.
    I wouldn't buy a seat second hand unless I knew the people and history of the seat. A seat that has been in an accident doesn't always appear damaged to look at.
    I have hired a capsule though for DS3. But I wouldn't again. The hire place would have to rely on the honesty of the last customer to know if the seat/capsule had been in an accident. So if they aren't honest or just don't think it's a big deal, you could end up with a less than safe seat. I wasn't as much of a car seat safety freak back then as I am now and it's just not something I would risk.

    There are other things that can effect the safety of a seat that aren't always obvious to look at. Like if someone has washed harness straps by submerging them in water. That can weaken the straps making them not perform as they should in an accident and may not do their job, leading to the child possibly being ejected from the seat.

    So for me it's a no, unless I absolutely knew the whole history of the seat.