Thread: have you used NapiSan for anything?

Default have you used NapiSan for anything?

A well-meaning friend gave us a container of NapiSan (along with a collection of crummy kid's books - why don't people understand that even books for young children can and should have intelligent, attractive prose in them?). I appreciate the thought, but am not sure I can imagine wanting to use something as harsh as NapiSan must be on anything my baby is going to wear, nappies included.

Is there a use for the stuff? Or should I just throw it out (seems wasteful).

It's a large jar of powder. Is it generally useful in the laundry or what? I've never used such a thing with my normal washing (never needed to).

I use it to clean the kitty litter trays...

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I soaked clothes that had been pooed through in it.

Also have washed terry towling and flanelette nappies/chuck rags

dissolved small amount in hot water and filled sink with cold water and tip in napisan dissolvedand put things in there

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Good to soak white lace curtains in ... And also kitchen tea-towels in (freshens them up a bit)

Its really good for getting out stains. Just be careful. If it does not say for coloured then DON'T use it for anything except whites or dish clothes as it will take the colour out.
    When the girls were small I used to soak all the nappies (white) in it then put the nappies in to wash. It didn't seem to upset their skin as it was removed with the wash then rinse cycle.
    I still used it to remove stubborn stains, especially good on cricket whites, but I use the one that's safe for coloured clothes.
    For a nappy bucket size, you use about 3/4 cup and then dissolve it in water. Soak it overnight then wash. You can tip the solution in the machine when you start the washing as when you fill the machine it dilutes.

Thanks everyone.

I wonder whether it will revive some of my tired white underwear... Might give it a go.

It's great for getting out all stains! A must for all mums in my opinion

Bananas are the WORST for staining and NapiSan works wonders (although wash/soak banana stained clothes as soon as you notice it for best results). I think you'll learn to love it as a mum. As one of the other girls said, you need to wash after soaking anyway so the harsh chemicals are removed. I personally love the NapiSan 'In Wash' soaker. Easy to use and works wonders on my whites.

Once they eat pumpkin and banana then napisan is essential... Bibs get very dirty... I use it in to soak then wash clothes as usual...

my DD is almost 4 and i still use napisan, on her clothes and on DFs and my own clothes. I just soak it in hot water till the stain is removed, rinse it out and then chuck it into the wash with all the other clothes but i do soak each colour seperatly, ie pink with pink and blue with blue so on.

I use it on clothes, sparingly, but not on nappies.
    Its great for lace curtains as someone mentioned.
    It harsher on fabrics than I would like, and DS and I both have sensitive skina nd need to be careful with soaps etc anyway

I use it all the time to soak my kids clothes, and my own clothes if need be. I used it when they were babies to soak their bibs and clothes, even when they were tiny as it is good for getting out milk and spew stains (which I found out once need to be soaked, as normal washing doesn't always get it out and can result in mould forming). I soak, then wash normally and hang out to dry. The sun also helps to 'bleach' out any residual staining. Its the only thing I use for getting out stains - I find that the spray on stain removers don't seem to work as well and bleach is far too strong.

Good for soaking husband-sweat out of work clothes too.