Thread: High Chair Recommendations

Default High Chair Recommendations

Hi Guys,

Just wondering on opinions when it comes to high chairs. Had a look at the baby shop and they were showing us all the range of which I'm not totally confused.

Does anyone have a Cocchi? (i think that was the brand name??)

Also, at what age did you start using the high chair. Lady at the shop recommended getting one sooner rather than later so you can keep baby around with you in the kitchen etc at your height so you can interact with them more whilst doing your normal housie stuff.

Ideas?

Had Peg years ago that was very expensive and difficult to clean, too many folds for food to get stuck in. A lot of people I know have the plastic Ikea high chair. They rave about how easy it is to keep clean and cheap too. Some people just put bub and chair in the shower for a quick clean.

honestly I don't go much for brands I just go for what looks nice..

I think mine is love n care though...

I think for me the important thing is safety which is fairly obvious just by looking.. will it topple easily? mine doesn't due to the way the legs are..

A frame type fold out thingy.. lol..

i think one that goes up and down is a great idea. I never thought it would be but we use it heaps.. Same with the recline feature.. Thats great to have also..

Also baby shops tend to be quite exxy.. I got mine at one but it was on sale.. The department stores sell decent ones too..

anyways good luck and have fun

We've got 2 - we bought the Ikea one first and even though it looks like it would VERY easy to clean I felt it wouldn't be right for our DD when she was little as it doesn't recline or go up and down. That's why we purchased a Love "n" Care one - it's great but the one flaw - it gets sooooo dirty!! So not sure which way you would go!

We've got 2 too

A "Jane" brand from BabyCo - it can also be a chair & table. I like it, fairly easy to clean, and when I was first feeding him solids, I'd sit on the floor and feed him there.

The second one we've just got is one that attaches onto the table - got it from baby bunting, can't find it on the website though

Its great, and travels easily when going out.

I didn't put him in a chair until he had a bit of core strength, which was around 4-5 months? The "Jane" does recline, which was great when he was still drinking bottles & alsso a little slumpy.

i have the ikea one and love it. started using at about 6 months i think...
    we also have a handysitt for when we are out - which is good though does not fit on all chairs.
    ds loves being in the highchair while i cook (and feed him bits and pieces)

I bought the Ikea one and used that from around 7 mths I think, and before that I just fed her in her bouncer. She wasn't as wriggly or messy as she was later on so that worked fine. The Ikea chair is great - soooo easy to clean, I hate how food gets stuck in all the little nooks and crannies of chairs with lots of padding although they look nice. We used the blow up insert until about a week ago wiht our Ikea one. I am also getting on of those plasticy travel chairs that you use on any chair from a friend, as they are easy to take everywhere. Having said that, with the Ikea one, the legs pull off really easily if you want to chuck it inthe boot to take somewhere.

we have just started looking at high chairs and stuff, and i think we'll definatley get the ikea one, i've seen lots of good reviews on it and 'Choice' rate it too, so it must be good!