Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for......

Default I am looking for......

I went to a friends place a few wks ago and she has this awesome thing hanging from her ceiling in the nursery above bubs cot and change table - its kind of like a hanging mobile but u pull down on it and it bounces up and down!
    we are moving house this month and i cant wait to decorate Bianca's room -
    My friend got these mobiles from her MIL who went on hols in Victoria i think??? anyways i have looked EVERYWHERE here in brissy for them -
    Does anyone know what im talking about and if so where i can get a couple from????

no idea what ur talking about really.. can u find a pic by googling it so i can sorta see what ur after??

Are they like a soft toy on a spring thing, if so a shop here in canberra has them, around $25-$30 for one.

There's a gift shop here that has similar things, but they are more wind chimes.
    They are the same, just not soft. You could try Toyworld? I think I've seen something like that there.

do u mean like birds & the wings flap & it moves up & down? - u can get frogs & fish too???

YES!!!! I think thats what im talking about Sami!!!! i think the one's my friend has is a bee and another one is something sitting in a plane - and when u pull down on them they bounce up and down and if they have wings they flap - they are wooden!!!
    they are kinda springy!

However i will try and google and see if i can find one!
    Last edited by hj1981; March 11th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

Tried googling but can't find the exact ones! found ones that a similar but dont look good

hj they have them here in bris i used to have one just can't remember where.....have you been to southbank markets or any markets for that matter? mi pretty sure thats where i got mine from

thanks Simone i didnt think of the markets - will have a look on sunday!

i just called mum and she said we got ours from a market up the sunshine coast but yer i'd do the market scene if you haven't found one by april letme know as i may be going to byron markets so will look there for you

there is a little shop near central station tucked in behind the mall its a .... all natural shop they sell soaps and cloth nappies and stuff...they had some similiar items when I was there last april I wish I could remember the name I think if you walk thru anzac square towards railway station then walk up street towards mall its tucked in there

Yes, I was going to say to try markets - but big scale markets not the little community ones.

Perhaps Jigsaw might have them too being wooden?? (They would be $$$ coming from there though).

Maybe try E-bay under mobiles/wooden??

Good luck! They have them in my doctors surgery and at child health clinic too.

I found some at goldfishgits dot com dot au under mobiles.
    Last edited by sweetpea678; March 11th, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

sweetpea - i looked at that site but they are not quite it!!!

oh aren't they i just had a lood and the flying butterfly is the type of thing i was thinking of.....????

hmmmm not sure how else i can explain them - but i do like the butterfly one - it is pretty close!

ok so is it on a spring? is it just one animal like the butterfly or several things like a normal mobile? try and desrcibe it from top to bottom heehee

LOL - okay it screws into your ceiling has a 1 long tightly wound springy bit too it with a mobile on the end of it which is wooden -
    it kinda is like the butterfly one on that site - but it dosent have any strings or anything attached to it - looks a bit better made type thing!
    im going to msg her and see if they have a particular name or something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast