Thread: Ikea cots?

Default Ikea cots?

Has anyone brought and used an IKEA cot?

They have a few different styles and prices. I quite like the look of the Gulliver for $200.
    I havent loooked at other cots yet, so not too sure of prices, but $200 seems very good price. what do you think?

Salsa - I have lloked at them in mags and on the ikea website and once we get back too brisbane I will go look at them in person but from what I can see is that you can't lower the side on the cot when the base is down the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan'sMummy View Post
    Salsa - I have lloked at them in mags and on the ikea website and once we get back too brisbane I will go look at them in person but from what I can see is that you can't lower the side on the cot when the base is down the bottom.
    Really? That dosent sound like very functional design. Let me know if you find out more about them. I am starting to look now, but we probably wont get one for another 3 mths.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the Ikea cots. I would *think* they would have to pass Ausrtralian Safety Standards to be sold in Aus but there is no mention of it on their website. They just look a bit flimsy in my opinion. My sister and I looked and getting one for our parents house but we're both a bit suss on them. That's just our opinion though. I think I'd be more inclined to try Target if you're after a cheaper cot.

We bought one and yes, they pass Australian Safety Standards! The one we have converted into a toddler bed - we paid $350 for it. It is just as good as any other cot on the market! We'll be getting the same cot for the next bub too.

Nella - Does the side drop on them??

We're planning on getting the new bub a cot from Ikea, will be heading down there in the next month or so. They look OK to me on the website

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan'sMummy View Post
    Nella - Does the side drop on them??
    No unfortunately it doesn't. That is the only thing I didn't like about it. Though DS never slept in the cot he hated it but sleeps in it now its converted into the toddler bed

Hmmm...if the side doesn't drop we might look at something else too. Will check it out when we go down there anyway.