Thread: Ikea High Chairs - $24.95

Shalou Guest

Default Ikea High Chairs - $24.95

Has anyone bought an Ikea high chair? are they easy to use. Our nearest IKEA is an hour away but they currently have highchairs for $24.95 so we're going to go and have a look. Has anyone got one?

Hi, we dont have one (hav the Prima Pappa) but I have used then a few times. I think the main problem with them is that they dont have any padding (I think you can buy and inflatable insert for the back) so bub's bum might get sore and also it doesn't have a foot rest, so bubs legs will get sore. The last thing you want is an uncomfortable baby when you are trying to convince them to eat. We had a very fussy eater (actually tube fed for two years ) and so for us having a very comfortable chair was an important part of the deal.

They are cheap and easy to store (legs come off) so a good one for the occasional meal as a spare chair at Grandmas house perhaps.

Rachel

Yup we have one and we love it - so easy to clean.

We use the blow up insert for DD still - but it just gets popped down her back - so we just have that bit blow up and the arms folded behind it.

She doesn't appear to be in any discomfort sitting there and rocks her legs back and forth so I think she actually likes them to be flying free.

She usually is in it for an hour at a time (she loves food and will sit there gumming it to death!!) and she never looks uncomfy.

JMO of course.

My sister and a few friends have the Ikea high chairs and they're fabulous. We're definitely getting one for our bubs.

They're very easy to clean - you can hose them off if there is a real disaster! Easy to take away if going on holidays - we camp a bit and stay at holiday houses so this is important to us. There is no padding for food and spews to get caught in either but if you're worried about comfort, you can buy little padded inserts now which look like a great idea as you can just throw the insert in the wash when its grotty.

PS: all the kids we know who use them have never had a problem with comfort (and none of them have the inserts). My two nephews actually love being in their highchair!

We have had one for over 2 yrs now - love it. Very easy to clean and both girls have been comfortable eating in it (until they started climbing out!!).

They now come in a few colours too - I think red, white and blue are available from memory. We did get the inflatable insert for DD1 but didn't need it for DD2.

It is quite honestly the best highchair I could have! The tray is the perfect height for self-feeding and it is so easy to clean.

i just went to their site - which highchair is it? i can only see one for $39.

We have one and love it. We got the inflatable cushion but don't use it anymore. It is super easy to wipe down and clean. No padding and stitching and grooves for food to get stuck in. DS doesn't seem to be uncomfortable in it and he seems to love having his legs dangle around underneath. I guess if you were concerned about having cushioning you could always put a small folded towel on the seat.

ETA: I agree with Trish about the tray height too. It is just perfect for DS to self feed. We've used other high chairs at other mums houses and he has to reach right up and seems "hidden" behind the tray.

Have one here also and agree with the above. So easy to clean and travel with. My only additional thoughts are that my DS now sits at the table with us and it slides perfectly under to give a snug fit. He thinks it is the bees knees!! I also know of people when travelling that have actually fit it in their suitcase lol . Haven't tried it personally but I can see how it could!
    Love it.

another thumbs up for the IKEA highchair here.....love it. We actually first bought a really expensive one with all the padding etc & sold it about 7months later. Was soooo sick of all the food getting stuck etc. Never a prob with comfort......easy to clean. Hmmmm not sure I'd ever take apart for travel though, there are plenty of compact travel chairs out there that would take up far less room.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Ikea Antilop chair. We bought it after reading the glowing praise for it from here! Value for money is awesome. DD gets food everywhere and it is so easy to clean!
    The only thing it possibly needs is wheels.

It will be the best $24.95 u have spent.

No more to say.....

we have it. it is PERFECT! get it!

agree, we love it here too