thread: Meridian AHR Tilt and Adjust RF in a Holden Astra

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

May 2007
    Brisbane

Meridian AHR Tilt and Adjust RF in a Holden Astra

Bought one today, the professional installer at the shop said it would definitely fit in our 2003 Astra Equipe, with the passengar seat forward a bit, but I didn't get to try it and they were out of stock so I can't go and have a fiddle now I am home.

It seemed really long RF,wondering how far forward it would need to go? I can't seem to make full sense of the dimensions page (havign a pregnancy moment) but would I be right in saying 80cm would be the LONGEST it is in full reclined highest headrest position rear-facing?
    We also have a Maxirider AHR for our DD so putting the RF seat in the middle isn't an option, although there's less flexibility with the position of the drivers seat because it just needs to be where it needs to be.

Not a huge drama if it doesn't fit because our plan was to upgrade our car soon anyway. Maybe this will be sooner rather than later haha

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2007

We don't have the tild and adjust but have the meridian model before that, and it fits ok rf in our Astra. We did have to move the passenger seat, but I had no problem with leg room, although I'm only 5'6. My brother is a larger build and he struggled to get in. Hth

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Nov 2005
    Langwarrin. Victoria

I have one in my 2004 Astra sedan. It fits facing behind the passenger with the passenger seat forwards. We got till 18 months rearfacing with ours so quite extended, with the passenger seat fully forwards.....not a great scenario but it worked.

May 2007
    Brisbane

SammyRo... Do you know the rear facing length of the Meridian you have? I can't seem to find anything on the earlier Meridian model.

Thanks mel I can deal with the seat forward, I'm only 5'1. My partner is taller but I don't mind being the passenger and not driving haha

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Nov 2005
    Langwarrin. Victoria

Yeah that's what we had to do...in 5'2" and hubby is 6'2" so if we were together he did all the driving!

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2007

SammyRo... Do you know the rear facing length of the Meridian you have? I can't seem to find anything on the earlier Meridian model.

Thanks mel I can deal with the seat forward, I'm only 5'1. My partner is taller but I don't mind being the passenger and not driving haha
    No idea sorry, I've lost the instruction book and the seat itself is now in the roof space.

May 2007
    Brisbane

Found the measurements, looks like around 62cm rear-facing? Not up to 80 (thank goodness LOL!). I got the tape measure out and that's definitely doable with the front seat moved forward a little and sitting up slightly.