Thread: Nappy bag for a Baby-Carrying Mum?

Default Nappy bag for a Baby-Carrying Mum?

Hi,

I need a nappy bag that I can use when carrying Baby around in the Close Carrier/HAB.

I'd prefer something fairly small, cause I only really plan on putting a few things in it (two nappies, wipes, keys, wallet, phone). It needs to be easy for me to carry when I'm on my own - the nappy bag we have at the moment is big and bulky, but I can't carry it on my own unless I'm using the stroller.

Any ideas? It also needs to look nice - the less it looks like a nappy bag, the better.

TIA.

Keeping my eye on this one - would be interested to see what pops up! Last bubs I had a big nappy bag with so much stuff I didn't need in it and downgraded to a little backpack, but would really like something that looks a bit nicer this time.

I don't know of a nappy bag to suggest but I can tell you what I do.....I bought a small pencil case (took a nappy to Coles to check size) that fits 3 nappies, nappy bags and a folded disposable change mat in it. I also bought a few travel packs of curash wipes as the are the ones we use and they are compact in size. I just pop it all in my handbag and it's great for when I'm not heading out for hours on end but want to have a change handy. I reuse the change mat if it's not dirty either - they fold up quite small.

mebbe do a google search for 'nappy wallets'...skip hop do a range that look nifty but might be tricky as i'm not sure if they have shoulder straps. (i have an Isoki one that only has a wrist strap for example).

I found this whole thing a bit tricky. Given that I also carried cloth nappies & wipes the bulk added up! I used a nanna shopping trolley to pop the nappy bag in when walking to our local shops or mother's group, MCHN etc. Otherwise I left most of the nappy bag stuff at home/ in the car and went back if I needed to do a nappy change. It is possible to wear a backpack though I prefer putting the HAB straps wide over my shoulders so it does get a little awkward. My nappy bag has a shoulder strap (which is also handy to loop around pram handles later on) and backpack straps which pack away. It's a Kecci Shanghai Mommybag and is pretty

Lol, that was easy . I've just bought myself a Petite Traveller from Isoki, thanks Cassius.

If the Isoki isn't what I'm after I'll keep looking. My DH thinks I should just use a normal handbag, but he obviously doesn't understand the need for more than one bag

Thanks ladies.

do you use cloth nappies?
    let us know if you find it good.

i have just been putting a nappy and wipes in a clean wetbag and putting this in my shoulder bag. leaving the big nappy bag in the car. but then i have the dirty nappy to carry- so i need 2 wet bags i haven't perfected the system yet!

Call me lazy but I'm with your DH, I just use my bag - it's plenty big enough...and you can always just buy a new handbag if you have to have another bag...love the pncilcase idea though.
    I use a wetbag too Kate but to put wet nappies in I use a biodegradable nappy sack instead.

I have two wetbags- for clean and dirty

I used either a large handbag or a smallish nappy bag. I really streamlined the paraphernalia when I didn't have a pram to hang it all off lol

My Isoki arrived today, and I love it! It's just the right size, can fit two (probably three) sposies, a flat packet of wipes, a plastic bag, my money, keys, phone and a few other bits and pieces. It's not quite big enough to hold a MCN but I'm happy to use sposies when out and about anyway.

Thanks for the rec Cassius, I'll recommend them to others now.

yeah i do love mine...

it is a pity that they dont do MCNs too well. i did try a couple of times to just carry inserts and one outer, but TBH it was gross having to carry around the poo nappy, so we use sposies when out now anyway lol!

yep i use an isoki too.. love em!