Thread: New mattress for Amby hammock

Default New mattress for Amby hammock

Anyone know where might I get one? What have others done?
    I bought a 2nd hand hammock on ebay. It's an older style one with just a foam insert. Are the new ones the same? Can you buy new mattresses for them or should I just go to a Clark Rubber type place?
    Thanks!

Oh yay, I loved my amby hammock. I'm sure you will too!

You can get any part for the Amby individually directly from Amby himself. Just google his site, it's pretty easy to navigate. The mattress is really just a bit of foam with a nice quilted cover for it so you could probably make it yourself but you would want to make sure it is EXACTLY the right size/thickness etc just for safety's sake.

I bought the sheets too as they are a funny size and have elastic around and an extra elastic accross the back but they are pretty thin and my DD was a chucker so I always had her laying on a bunny rug anyhow.

Enjoy your hammock. I was sad when I packed ours up.

Thanks for that, Sazz. I was thinking I'd keep the quilted cover and just get new foam for the inside (just worried about the dust mites etc in the foam - the cover looks good as new and I was just going to freshen it up in the washing machine) but might be easier buying a new one after all...

Snacks, you can def get from there australian site, I was about to by a new one when bub learnt to roll over in hammock and is now in the cot. When I looked on there site they said they where out of stock (this was a month ago) but I emailed them and they said then had them just the site wasn't updated.

I never brought extra sheets as i had a few little cotton sheets that i wraped around it and also used a cloth nappy under the head end easy to change when bub drooled or chucked up.

Thanks for that sweetpea - they still haven't updated the site then! It says out of stock and I emailed them too. Hopefully I'll hear back that they have some!
    Must admit, it seems that buying them ready made to fit is going to be much easier. Thanks to you both for the tips.

I have bought one directly from Amby in the past. Hopefully he gets back to you, sometimes he can take a while to return your emails. I think he runs the business mainly by himself, but he is lovely and helpful.

Otherwise I'm sure you could just get a piece of foam cut to size and put the sheet over the top

Thanks Trish. If I don't hear anything in the near future I'll give him a call.