Thread: Pram/stroller for toddler and baby

Question Pram/stroller for toddler and baby

Hi, we are looking at getting a replacement pram as in 5 months we'll have a new baby plus a little boy who'll be 2 yrs 3 months or so. We live in an area without footpaths and I like to jog, so I want to find one that is reasonably rugged yet easy to handle. I've seen some with a detachable toddler seat which looks good, but really I have no idea.

If you've got/had similar aged children, what pram did you buy and how did it perform?

google abc adventure buggy. I dont have one but have scene them and the look good and the baby can go in the toddler seat if you get the reclining one.

I would suggest the phil and teds, i have mine on layby at the moment and am super excited to pick it up. have been told it is an excellent pram.

I have just bought a Firstwheels City Twin Pram for half price online They are in Babies Galore if you want to look at one but the online shop had it for $399 as opposed to $799. Lightweight frame, easy to steer, separate seats which can independently face either way and a bassinnette option too for the newborn (extra). Like the bugaboo only cheaper and in a twin. So far it has been good.

The negatives - small baskets underneath (can hold 3kg each but not overly big) and the sun cover is not what I am used to but the bugaboo shade is huge so it may not be that much of a problem and you can attach a sunshield to the pram anyway.

Default Baby Jogger City Elite

I'm pregnant with our first bubs but we're planning ahead so we bought the Baby Jogger City Elite and will get the toddler seat attachment for it. It's on the pricey side but the features are worth every penny in our opinion. The folding mechanism is in a league of it's own and it steers beautifully. You can jog with it too although it is more designed for brisk walking but all terrain (3 wheeler)

We spent a lot of time looking into the Phil & Ted's but in the end it was between the the BJ Elite and a Mountain Buggy (we just liked the steering and features on these prams better than the P&T) but the MB still don't have a toddler seat so that really helped our decision. The BJ Elite folds a lot smaller and easier than the MB too and has quite a few extra features. We love it. Obviously I'm yet to test it out with our baby but all the feedback I've read online has been very positive. I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

i have the mountain buggy double and i take it walking with the 2 kids everyday on dirt roads, grass, roads etc. and it is amazing, i absolutely love it.

can i suggest Phil and Teds, i absolutley love mine and cant wait to have a second bub so i can use it to its full potential! it has two options for the second seat so you can have a newborn and a toddler, and best of all it fits through the supermarket checkout!
    just have a look on there website to find out more.

I use the P&T with a 3yo and a newborn - we do a lot of walking and much of it off-road. It is really good and I have no real issues with it at all.

We have just bought the P&T Dash, mainly because they're so readily available. Because my DD is not a huge fan of being in the stroller, I didn't want a side-by-side double because in all honesty I don't think she's going to be in a stroller for a whole lot longer, so I wanted the detachable toddler seat.
    So far, with just DD in the P&T I am enjoying it - it maneuvers well, although I haven't done any off-roading. I don't forsee any problems there, though.
    We are obviously yet to try it with two kids. But out of the very few we were able to look at physically (not just pictures on the net), we liked it the best.