Thread: Quinny or P&T

Default Quinny or P&T

Am looking at prams and slowly going insane!

I have recently looked at the Phil & Ted's sport and love it but have some concerns that it wouldn't be great for a newborn. Any advice?

Have just found the Quinny Speedi which I also like - great steering, great wheels etc. But I'm not sure about the newborn mode - you can get a bassinet but would have to use for 6 months as the jogger can only be used from 6 months up. Wouldn't a baby want to sit up a bit more before 6 months of age?

I had originally wanted a pram that had a reversible handle but not many do this. How important is it to have a pram that faces you?

Any advice appreciated. Am trying to keep the budget down so am looking on ebay as well.

I have the Quinny Buzz - it takes the same bassinet (Dreami) as the Speedi, I think. From my research online most people seem to ditch the bassinet about 4 months or whenever you think bubs has decent head control. I think the 6 month recommendation is just that.

I wanted the reversible option but I think its a personal thing. I don't think many jogging prams have it.

We have the P&T as we have an 11 week old and a 23 month old. I love it. It's great for walking and is comfy for both of my little cherubs. I've not had it set up as a single for a newborn only so I don't know how it goes like that but my little girl lies flat in the bottom and then when she has better head control it changes and both seats recline for snoozing. If you plan to have 2 close together bubs like we did then take this into consideration when you buy your pram. We also have a Beema Q (from Babyco) and although I love it it doesn't take 2.

Ali,

I have a P&T, and had Julia in it as newborn. I only had it in the newborn setting for 3 months then had her front facing with it mostly down but the zippers down also, just the bottom clasp at the back done up. Its ok, but honestly when newborn it does swing a little and also is closer to the ground than other prams. If I had to choose I would choose the Quinny. However do you want more than one child? we also chose P&T so when we had our second we didnt need to get another pram.

Another in the P&T camp - price seemed more suited to our budget, and we're having two close together.

I had originally wanted a forward-facing for nb stage - but found that I could see bub just fine (I experimented in the store like a crazy lady before bub was born ). I also found that the swaying motion helped put bub to sleep on walks.
    Hmm what else...oh yeah, and bub might want to sit up before 6 months, but many prams have the option to recline bub enough so they can see, without them being too upright.

Seriously, if you see anyone down the street with either of those prams - stop them (if they're not looking too harassed) and ask their opinion of the pram - what their favourite thing is about it, what they don't like, how easy they find it to use. And have a really decent play in your pram stores, fold, unfold, lift, play around - you might be originally put off a certain type that seems tricky, so see how long it takes you to get the 'knack', because then you might like that pram more when you realise it's easier to use than you thought.

All the best!

We are P&T fans here!!!

I worked in a baby store and seriously sold at least 1 P&T each week!

It is great for NB mode, as it acts like a hammock, and is really quite soothing for bubs. I had a steelcraft reverse handle first, and found it the worst purchase ever... it was annoying when the sun was in the wrong spot as there wasn't a uv to fit. anyway I bought the P&T just before starting at the baby shop and haven't looked back... three of my friends have the same pram too...

Yes bubs will most likely want to sit up earlier than 6 months and with the P&T it is so easy... you just put into toddler mode so completely upright and undo the zips... its the perfect angle for your 4/5 month old who wants to see the world!

Have I sold you yet? If not let me know and I will keep going!!! hehehe

I have to say P&T have fixed most of the flaws that are in my pram. The pram looks a bit smaller.. but most importantly it clips properly before putting it in the car and doesnt come undone.

Thats good Nelle the swinging motion puts the bubba's to sleep your right I hadnt thought about that.

PS. You dont need to buy the cocoon (we did and only used it to go to restaurants for 2 months and then she was too big for it). Its not a necessity.

P&T is so easy to fold and unfold takes 1 sec.

Yep P&T fan here also!!! I looove mine, best purchase I made!! Easy to fold -up, light, bubs love it and was great with my toddler as well!!

Enchanted Guest

I am currently looking at a P & T after having a Steelcraft Reversable handle pram which sucks!! I loved it at the start BUT it is hard to maneouver now which is why I am going to a 3 wheeler. I loved being able to watch Oscar when he was a little bub but I don't think it is a necessity. A pram which is easy to move is much more important as you will have it for ages! I just had to learn the hard way lol

Edit- When we were looking last year there were no 3 wheeler prams that were reversable.
    Last edited by Enchanted; February 10th, 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Added comment

Oshani - P&T is a breeze to move, I dont know about the Quinny. Julia loves the P&T.

Can I ask a Question if you have a toddler and newborn, where does the toddler seat go? and do you have to take it off everytime you get it in and out of the car?

Belle, the toddler seat goes where the handlebar goes? I think? We pulled our handlebar off ages ago, can't remember why...maybe it got in the way at nb stage? No idea.
    And I *think* it can fold up with the toddler seat attached? I'll let you know when I eventually get around to getting that attachment, or I bet others here will know.

mrs baj Guest

we don't have either a quinny or p&t. for ds whos 11m we have steelcraft enigma which i LOVE to bits and would not be getting rid of if it wasn't for bub#2 due in 2 months. will be getting the p&t as it seems the most practical and easy after the research that ive done. i will add though that i found out just the other week that loveNcare has just brought out a pram almost exactly the same as p&t but a bit cheaper. so maybe look into that also if you want the option for a toddler seat (coz surprises can happen just ask me haha!)

Belle - the toddler seatr goes on the front slides in where the bumper goes, and you can fold it when its on the front. When you have it in toddler and toddler mode you'll need to remove the seat before folding.

There are a few three wheelers with a reversible seat, rather than the handle... there is a valco one, a infa one and the new steelcraft strider 3 can have bub facing you too.... I have to admit though, with the P&T you can see bubs through the back in nb mode as the backing is clear...

HTH

I just looked at the Love n Care website and the Evolve x5 is a three wheeler with reverse handle, but as the handle reverses, it will be quite hard to steer... and it doesn't say anything re a toddler seat????

I was at a shop to day and love n care (europa) has brought one out nearly indentical to p&t but cheaper same seating aragnement as the p&t maybe worth a look if money is an issue.

If i was looking for one with a toddler seat i would go for that one.
    Last edited by sweetpea678; February 11th, 2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: wrong brand

The other thing to consider is the width of the wheel base, is the Childcare as narrow? I've seen prams like Valco's struggle to fit places where my P&T can, because the P&T is narrower. Just something else to consider if you're planning on heading into a tight space.

Though really, if I'm heading somewhere tight and 'nooky' like touristy shops and markets, I'll wear my bub in a sling, SO much easier to navigate that way.

Enchanted Guest

We bought a P&T today and so far it is great! They are nice and light and so easy to maneouvre

Thanks for all of you input girls! A definite help...I think hubby and I are set on the P&T so will keep looking into them.