Thread: Rocker/Bouncers?

Default Rocker/Bouncers?

I'm trying to find a decent rocker/bouncer for bub, I had a really great one with my second baby that I could take the whole thing apart and put the cover in the washing machine but I gave it away
    I know they're not on everyones list of things to get but I found mine invaluable with DD so I just have to have one Anyone got any suggestions?

We had a cheap as chips one with DD1 and found it so handy we got another ($10 at the op shop) for DD2 and use it all the time. It's a Baby Co and has literally no extra features (no toy bar, sunshade etc) but it's quite easy to rock with your foot while you are doing something and has two seating heights. They're pretty common on the second hand scene so maybe scout around at a second hand baby shop?

And BTW you can take this apart and chuck it in the wash too...Love it!

We had an old fashioned crocheted covered Bouncinette (& and I am seriosuly not joking when I tell you it has been a hand me down for so long (nearly 40 years) it is now on its 17th baby over 2 generations, in two different countires!)

I used it for Olivia and Charlie and Lexie, with great success..........

A friend of mine went hunting for one of this old fashioned style recently & got one from Ebay (new)

At the other end of the scale we also have a Baby Bjorn 1-2-3 Bouncer which was fantastic.......Lexie still uses it!

Both have easy to remove/put back on machine washable covers.......

I been meaning to review these, so I will add the links once I have done the reviews........

Thanks guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought these things were god sent I really like the plain ones with no buttons/viabrators/music etc just because I know how hard it is to keep clean. I had a cheap as chips one too but now I'm struggling to find the plain ones as the shops seem to want you to buy all the frilly, fancy ones. I went to Babyco the other day because they had a special on a plain one for $50 but they had sold out, well gee I wonder why

Old fashioned crocheted Bouncinette

Baby Bjorn 1-2-3 Bouncer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought these things were god sent
    Hell no! Love my 3 more than life itself, but I had to put them down sometimes! A more upright place to "plonk down" was always my preference than laying them on the floor on their backs.......so they could get a good steaky beak of the world around them!
    Last edited by Lucy; December 15th, 2007 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    We had an old fashioned crocheted covered Bouncinette

Both have easy to remove/put back on machine washable covers.......
    I got one of these & an expensive one. I sold the expensive one at a garage sale for $10 as it was useless. Couldn't wash it, couldn't rock it properly on anything but tiles..hated it.

As for the old fashioned crocheted one...LOVED IT. I got mine at a baby shop for $30! Some shops to still sell them. The are more upright, come apart for storage, can clean the cover & bounce so easy. In all the expensive ones a little baby cant bounce themselves. Just movement makes the old style ones bounce.
    (though I did have a swing with bells & whisltes that was good too).

One great tip I got, was pop a big noisy toy on a handle in the kitchen on the bottom draw & place bubs in the old fashioned bouncer & they can kick it so easy. We were able to enjoy many meals this way early on.

hey all
    my DS LOVES his bouncer... I also wanted a plain one - and we got the Valco Baby Minder - it is plain black, has a nice rail witha couple of wooden toys (dont have to put this on we havent) - it looks the same as the baby bjorn one. It was $80 I think from babies galore. we take it when we go to friends houses etc - fab! def one of our best buys.
    I also love the old fashioned ones - i had one. i saw these for about $30 and think i will get one.

We have a fisher price aquarium bouncer and it's pretty good, you can take the cover off to wash it.

My best friend had rockers for her twins when we both had our first babies and I always wanted to get one. Kinda kicking myself that we didn't get one for DS, but after reading this I might check out ebay or some second hand places. There's a second hand baby shop not too far from here.

i had fisher price linkadoos rockers for my girls when they were born, they actually slept in them for a few months, i think i paid about $50 each for them. They have a little toy bar with some velcro toys on it and they have the vibration thing but i didnt use that much, the cover comes off really easily, it has 3 levels from nearly flat to sitting up and they have a kick stand to make it stable for feeding or whatever, then girls use them now as a little seat to sit in and read books...
    Last edited by reez; December 18th, 2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: didnt realise about links :-( sorry

We had a fisher price linkadoos bouncer, best thing ever in the early days!!!!! We used the older style one at my parents house.

Bouncers r invaluable in my opinion.Always very handy & yep the plain ones r the best ,4 me anyway.I know k-mart had a winnie the pooh one for $40 atm but i'm not sure if u can take the cover off,havn't had a chance to have a look yet.

Ohh thanks for that I STILL haven't got one yet! I went to Babyco and they had sold out of their special ones which were plain (what I wanted) the Kmart close to us has NOTHING! I might see if there's another one near by, and then I still have Target to look in HOPEFULLY I find one soon it's driving me crazy!

YAY I finally got my rocker, it cost $49 from Babyco it's called "Swallow 3 in 1" it has no hood or toy bar but it's great, easy and basic, I can take the cover off and wash it. I tested out another one they had on special with a hodd and toy bar etc and I couldn't work out how to take the hood off let alone the cover and then to put it back on OMG impossible!
    I think it will be great, the kids can chat and play with bubby on the floor and he/she can sit up and stare.
    Now all I need is the baby

smiles4u Guest

Smile

We went almost insane trying to find a suitable bouncer that wasn't an insane price.

We purchased a bouncer from BigW in the middle of 2006 and they still stock them in BigW as I have seen them recently.

We reckon it was the best investment, ... our daughter just loved it ... she used it from 3mths of age to about would you believe 15mths.

I think we paid either $49.95 or $59.95 for it ??

It has a cover you can just through into the washing machine. It's just brilliant !!!

Also it has a little polar fleece blanket attached to the cover, great for the baby's legs on a chilly day. Or you just tuck the blanket under the bouncer when you don't want to use the blanket.

I can't remember the brand name of the bouncer but it is hard to miss as it has little animals all over the fabric print, I think from memory a blue dog, an orange cat and a yellow chicken. Which were the same animal rattle toys hanging off the bouncer for bub to play with. You can take the toys off and hang your own other toys if you like.

The bouncer also had a switch for it to vibrate.

And safety straps to put around bub, especially when younger.