Thread: Shopping Trolley Seat Cover???

Question Shopping Trolley Seat Cover???

Hi Ladies

DD had her first experience in the trolley this week, and she loved it! In the seat I put a blanket, and wiped the handles etc with a baby wipe. Since then I have been thinking about buying an actual seat cover. But I'm not sure if its a bit of overkill, and if I would actually use it all the time. So my questions to you are:

1. Do you have a trolley seat cover
    2. Do you use the cover every time you use a trolley
    3. Do you not worry about it and just put your child in the seat

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

x

I have a trolley seat cover for my DD (when she was younger) and my DS now. I use it everytime they are in a trolley because who knows what gross germs are on those seats!! I love mine as it as pockets on the inside for my keys/phone or snacks for DS.

I've never worried about it and just put my son in the seat. No blanket or cleaning either.

I did when they were younger but not so much when they were older as by then they were running around and collecting all sort of gross things anyway.

I think the covers are a great idea, not only do they protect from germs but they look alot comfier than just sitting on the cold trolley seat. I've seen them at baby gallery and will def be getting one

I was going to get one until I realised that my son licks the floor / cat / other peoples hands / everything. I didn't really see much point after that.

I never bothered with either of my girls - especially after I found DD2 licking the dog's bed!! They both were good sitters and sat up unassisted pretty early and with big clothie bottoms they seemed pretty comfy and stable.

Never had one for DS1 and i'd fiddle around with a blanket and it was a bit of a pain.

I got one when i was pregnant with DS2 and i have used it since he was about 6 months or so and i use it every time i put him in a trolly.

Not sure about where you are but here at our local shopping centres most require a coin to release them from the 'pack' so that disgusting chain is constantly hanging down and always such a temptaion to be put in the mouth. With the cover i can hide it out the way and it's not an issue.

Personally i'd say it's worth it

We have one that has openings so it can be used on the seats for tiny babies as well as the regular trolley seats. We still use it now even though Sam is 18 months old. There's a few reasons for it - Sam seems to like leaning over and chomping on the trolley and I don't want him damaging his teeth on the trolley! What might happen if we hit a bump while he's biting on the trolley is something I just don't want to think about. He doesn't do it when the cover is on. Also, the one time I put him in a trolley without it, I found the straps on the trolley itself couldn't be adjusted to hold him in properly. Our cover has it's own straps - it velcros onto the trolley and then has it's own straps to hold him in. He's much more secure that way and can't climb out as he tries to do when he's just in the trolley without it. I'm going to continue to use it for as long as necessary, for us it's not necessarily about germs, it's about his physical safety as well. And the pockets in it for other things are really useful too!

BW

We had one & still use it occasionally now (just because DD likes it!). Both of mine liked to chew on the trolley handle, so with the cover over it I felt much better. Even though they happily ate dirt & liked the windows at home (LOL), however I know what sort of dirt & things they are, I don't like the thought of other people's germs etc on the trolley going into my baby's mouth.

Each to their own

I've got one and use it all the time. I bought it more for comfort than for keeping DD away from the germs (although that's a good point too). Those seats don't look all that comfy IMO, I know I wouldn't fancy sitting in there for any lengthy period of time so I always put mine on for DD's comfort. Mine has a couple of chew toys to keep DD occupied (they are velcroed on so they can't go missing) and a little pillow can be attached (and detached) behind her back.

I love it and so does my DD. I think it was $40 at Toys R Us. The brand is Infantino.

I used to put down a flat terry nappy on the reclining seats before DS was sitting up on his own but that was also to stop any of his spew getting on the seat lol!

Since he's been sitting up I haven't bothered buying one of those covers because a) I'm lazy and can't be bothered taking any more gear to the shops; b) we have pets he touches, he eats off the floor when I can't stop him quickly enough, sucks other kids toys at mum's group etc etc and c) he has a cloth nappy which seems reasonably comfy like Nai said.

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.

After reading all your posts, and having a think about it today, I have decided that I am going to get one. For germs and comfortability. Now my only problem is which one to choose!?

Thanks again x