Thread: Strider prams?!

Default Strider prams?!

We are looking around for a pram that has a second seat option as we want to have our kids close together,

I saw the strider plus which I really liked but it is quite big and worry that having a toddler in a full second seat wouldn't be the best idea, But I like that the seat can reverse!!

Strider take 2 is smaller which is good, the second seat goes on top so is more suited to a toddler but means they cannot lay down, the main seat doesn't reverse tho and I really want that... Also the pram seems to tip backwards pretty easily.

Strider 3 n 4 I love! Not too big, seat reverses, easy to maneuver, handle extends, big basket but... and a big but... no extra seat!!

It's all so hard!! I love the striders but it's so hard to pick!! I just don't want to spend all that money on a single pram I love to only spend another $400-$600 after 18 months when we have another one!!!
    All the other brands with second seat options don't seem to be what we want...

Any suggestions?!?! Not too expensive??

I have the strider plus and love it!
    Yes it is big and does have a wide wheel base but it is very stable and still very easy to manovre despite its size.
    I have my baby in the reversed top seat and my 15kg two yr old in the bottom seat and they are both happy. With the extension parts on the top seat there is still loads of head room for DS2 and the basket is massive so leg room is not and issue either. He does quite often still fall asleep so the ability to lay him back is a great plus.
    And I dont have to take him out if I take DD out of the top because it is so stable.

We were looking at the P&T Vibe but it was the reversible seat that sold me on the Strider and it is more roomier too.

Good luck in your search and happy to answer any questions about the Strider

That's really helpful!!
    I really like the plus but the only concern is the size.
    Can you fit through doorways alright?

Default Strider prams?!

We have the plus and I love it. Yes it does fit through doorways and checkouts easily. Meh, it's big, but what pram isn't these days?!

I have my 2 year old on top in the main seat and DD on the bottom seat. I was under the impression that you couldn't (according to manual) have the top seat reversed with a toddler in the bottom but have seen a few people do it.

We currently have the Strider (just the Strider, that was new when DD was born) and I LOVE it! WE are currently in the process of TTC #2 and I've told DH that we'll be getting an upgrade to the Strider Plus, without question!

The Strider Plus seems to have addressed all the small issues with the previous models, like easier access to the basket, a toddler seat that reclines and wheel upgrade.

I can't wait to get mine, I think it will be a great investment

eluned u can have it reversed if the top seat is in the fully reclined position.
    another strider plus fan here, its awesome

The strider plus does fit through standard doorways - you just have to line it up carefully. The only hassle I have is having to go through the wheelchair checkout when shopping. But I've found staff are often helpful. (Just the other day at Kmart I was allowed to pay at the checkout and then exit through the main entrance as there was a long line up at the wheelchair isle). But I love my strider plus and think all its pros outweigh any minor issues I've had due to width.

FWIW, my understanding is that the baby jogger city select is the other pram comparable with the strider plus. It doesn't have the width but it is quite a bit more expensive.

We have the strider 3 and have recently ordered the strider plus for when ds2 is born. I really liked the strider 3 and yes the wheel base is big but it makes it so stable and easy to push. I fit down 95% of aisles although i did have to line the pram up properly to fit down. I love that the strider plus has a full reclining back seat with its own canopy and that the top seat can face me. We seriously considered the baby jogger but couldn't justify the extra expense of basically the same pram as the strider plus.

i have the strider plus and love it its not wider than the pram i already had so im ok lol i havent got #2 to try it with yet but i do have a friend who has one and we used it eith her DD facing the pusher and DS in the bottom seat and he fit wuite well but i think DS loves the top seat now i might have #2 in the bottom and the bonus with the bottom seat is it fully reclines where the top one doesnt lie flat