Thread: Teddy Bears Galore!

Default Teddy Bears Galore!

Monique has a lot of teddy bears which are lovely and will be fun having a teddy bear picnic when she is older but what do we do with them? They are currently sitting on top of the tallboy and bookcase collecting dust.

What is a good way to store them? We don't have a lot of room in our apartment.

You could buy one of those clips that hangs down. It's a plastic chain and has little clips on it which you attach to the bears ears or tags. You can also buy nets that are kind of like a hammock but more shallow - hang this above the change table or cot (near ceiling) and they can all just sit in there. Otherwise a big basket!

I say the net idea tooo, but goodluck finding one, I have looked everywhere and cant find them.

if you dont want to have them out buy some vac bags teddies vac pack real well, pull them out when she is a bit older as you said

Ikea used to have the nets and the chains

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been meaning to look in the Ikea catalogue so will check the nets out. Great idea.

I reckon one of those toy hammocks that you hang up in the corner of a room!

We have DDs million teddies hanging on a chain from the roof. You can buy the actual packs with net and chain from spotlight and baby bunting, we just got a plastic chain from hardware store, a hook and got the hooks for the teddies from baby bunting, much cheaper, still looks great and gets the teddies out of the way!

DoubleK Guest

Rachel do you know of anywhere else you can buy those hooks from?

my brother and i had the teddy chain thingys, but i havent seen them available since i had Krystal... i never thought to buy the chain seperate.. and look for some hook/peg thingys

I saw this really cool product made just for this very thing. It's a beanbag with a see-through window. So the idea is you stuff the bag with all your soft toys and they can still see the bears in things inside, but they use it to sit on instead. (and I think there is a small compartment zipper for easy access for the kids if they wanted to get one of the soft toys?) You could probably still do the same thing with any beanbag but without the see-through window part. Sorry, can't remember the brand name but was something expensive from Finland, Swizterland or Holland or something....Bodum or something. Anyway, there's my idea. I've just taken a few favourites out and stored the rest of hers in large plastic containers for the next kid.
    Last edited by ZigZag; February 12th, 2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: extra sentence.

Krystal Ball....i've only seen the seperate hooks at baby bunting. I have seen the chains with the hooks at spotlight, baby bunting and kmart, hope that helps. I had them as a kid too, great things!

DoubleK Guest

maybe i need to look harder when i go shopping next time! lol thanks Rachel.