Thread: tommee tippee nappy wrapper

Default tommee tippee nappy wrapper

i've just bought one of these cause it was on sale and was wondering if anyone can tell me how many bags are in the refill tubs. The newborn pink ones. it doesn't tell me anywhere either on the pack, box or even website. it only mentions that the tub holds up to 28 nappies.
    i'm not sure whether to keep it or return it, only cause we're on a budget so was wondering if it's a worthwhile thing to have...any reviews...

I was wondering this also, at about $17 for a cassette I wouldn't justify getting one unless they wrap at least 100 nappies...I also look all over the cassette and couldn't find any indication of how many nappies a cassette will wrap...how annoying!

Beau_9 if I were you id buy a bin with a fliptop or pedal lid, and buy nappy sacks, I got coles brand scented nappy sacks it was about $5 for 200 bags, then just put ur nappies in them then into the bin. A lot cheaper!

That's because as the nappies get bigger you will wrap less of them. It is not separate bags, it is like one long sausage of nappies.

We had one and loved it while we were earning plenty of money and could afford to buy the wrapper refills. Now we don't and we have just gone back to using plain old nappy sacks bought from the supermarket and putting the nappies straight in the bin. Much much cheaper, just as efficient, just as hygienic.

Honestly, I would take it back and get your money back. That thing is a money pit.

We had one, purchased it when preg with DS. Got rid of it about 2 months after he was born. Waste of money to buy, one of those needless items that you purchase as it looks good in the shop!

I found that I used heaps of the cassette as I kept on emptying the bin before it was full. You push a nappy in, twist the lid and then it seals in the nappy and the germs. Then you push the next nappy in, and it make like a long sausage of wrapped nappies in the bin.
    I found that I wanted to empty the bin more often than you are meant to so I didn't have dirty nappies in DS's room. I was emptying it a couple of times a day (we all know how many times a day a newborn has nappy changes!) I found you can still smell the baby poo smell through them, spraying glen 20 around still did not make me feel it was hygenic - Although many would beg to differ and say it is hygenic, these were just my feelings.

If it were me, I'd return it get your refund and spend that money on nappy sacks. I much prefer putting a soiled nappy into a sack and into the outside bin. Fresher house for all that way!

I got mine for around $17 a thingy.. they last for ages too

I agree with *mich* though.. It was such a waste of money for us but I found it at Kmart for $20 so im not to upset lol..

thanks for your reply's. i got it on sale then when i got it home and started looking at it i wondered if it did many nappies, cause yeh the refills aren't cheap. i think i'll return it and go for the old nappy bucket and a trip to the outside bin....a bit of exercise wouldn't hurt anyway...ha ha. thank-you again.

Got one and love it. We found a cassette lasts 1-2 weeks. I buy the cassettes in a bulk pack cheaply online. Works out to be about $13 per cassette. Occasionally you'll find Big W or Target will have them on sale too. We've had no problems with smell.

The cheapo way around this is to use one cassette and keep the ring from the middle. Then you use the ring to thread a normal garbage bag through, and it will still keep all your nappies "under wraps" but is much cheaper than those bloody cassettes which I HATE! (We use them at my work)

hi there have one and love it cant do without it and I have 2 kids, 2 year old and 8 month old, The cassette for us lasts about 3 weeks each cassette. We empty it when its full which is about every 2 days or so.

Don't forget, you can keep poo smells to a minimum (and help the environment) by flushing as much poo as you can!

I didn't think you were allowed to put poo in the bin?

Your not - but i dont know anyone whom has a child, uses disposables and scrapes the waste down the toilet before emptying the nappy into the garbage bin.

My husband does.

I used liners in the sposies so no poo in the bin.